Fund not yet assigned?

Hi
I have a fund in my Aegon works pension called 'SE cautious 2019'. I have other funds in the pension and I am able to click on these various funds and bring up information on performance etc. When I click on 'SE cautious 2019' , a message springs up 'Fund fact sheet unavailable', Further, clicking on the 'projections' for the same fund give a growth forecast of 'low- minus 3.69, mid- minus 0.75 [I know that 2% inflation is taken into account] Looking at the Trustnet page for the same fund it says 'funds have not been assigned a sector' and the fund appears in the 'worst performing fund' list...

I just wondered if I someone could enlighten me on this. Perhaps I am missing something?

Comments

• AlanP_2
    AlanP_2 Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is it just because it is too new - a 2019 fund that has just been launched?
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ' and the fund appears in the 'worst performing fund' list...

What worst performing fund list?

Funds that are not allocated a sector end up in an unclassified list which covers a very small number of funds. All of varying risk levels. So, comparing a cautious fund with the other unclassified funds is completely and utterly pointless.
  • There's no data on it as it looks like a new fund, but it's a Scottish Eq one and it'll be very similar in terms of set up (portfolio breakdown, risk tolerance) to this:

https://www.trustnet.com/factsheets/p/sz06/scot-eq-cautious-life-style-pn
  • Ahh, I think I see a glimmer of light, The fund is a lifestile product that automatically moves funds into bonds a few years before retirement which might explain the 'not yet assigned' thing. The pension was started ages ago when the default retirement age was 65; I'm 65 this year and have received a 'time to decide' pack from Aegon which would explain the SE cautious 2019 name.

I haven't decided when to retire yet and the fund seems to be aimed at people wanting to take an annuity. I will probably do drawdown and want to stay invested so the notes at the bottom of the fact sheet might be relevant-
    "Post-retirement risk - if you don’t buy an annuity on your retirement date, you’ll remain invested 75% in long-dated bonds (government bonds only or a mix of government and corporate bonds) and 25% in cash until you tell us what you want to do. This mix isn’t designed for long-term investing and returns may not keep pace with inflation, meaning the real value of your fund may fall"

Thanks for the replies
  • Sorry that wasn't what I was suggesting, I don't think it's a lifestyle fund.

I'm guessing that the portfolio breakdown will be similar between the two - i.e you'll have RDS, GSK HSBC, Diaego shares in the top five - and that if you want to make judgements on suitability to your current needs then it's likely to offer a decent insight.

The big caveat though is it's not the same fund so I can't be sure. Probably worth contacting Aegon to ask if they can supply the details for the fund if the factsheet not working. Having spoken to one of their agents once, they're pretty quick on that sort of thing.

Good luck!
  • Thanks for that, I'll contact Aegon and ask them to clarify what exactly the fund is invested in. I'll get back to you - might hep others.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure