Gluten free bread in breadmaker

HI, I've just made a loaf following the instructions in my breadmaker recipe book, it was so sweet I couldn't eat it, (2 tablespoons sugar and some cider vinegar).

Does anyone know of a recipe for a less sweet loaf I can make please,

The only recipes I can find are for a normal size loaf but I have a Lakeland compact breadmaker which only uses 320g of flour.

Thank you x
Quot Libros, Quam Breve Tempus
SPC #11 010 - £207.12
SPC #12 010 - £295.03
SPC #13 010 - £295.03

Replies

• D_M_ED_M_E Forumite
    3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you find it too sweet, try again and cut the amount of sugar by half.

If still too sweet, cut the sugar agian by half and set the breadmaker to dough and, when it's ready, chop the dough into pieces, shape and form rolls, leave to rise for about 90 minutes and bake in oven as normal - they take about 15-20 minutes or so at 180 depending on how well done you like them.

Not done gluten free in breadmaker but the above should work, try it.

EDIT 2 tablespoons sugar seems a bit much to me, one teaspoon is all I would use.
  • k4ren2006k4ren2006 Forumite
    55 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts
    I use a gf bread mix and don't have to add extra sugar. I'm guessing there's enough in the mix plus there's milk powder which is probably sweet too. Try less until you get the balance right...it'll be worth it
  • babs_103babs_103 Forumite
    140 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    Thanks for your replies, I have cut the sugar by half, left out the cider vinegar and it tastes much better, there is no milk powder in this recipe but I will see how it is toasted. Thanks again x
    Quot Libros, Quam Breve Tempus
    SPC #11 010 - £207.12
    SPC #12 010 - £295.03
    SPC #13 010 - £295.03
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides