PPI question, please help

Options
Hi. I have been with First Direct for 26 years. I have filled the online PPI request form which is by no means acknowledged, therefore difficult to prove it happened. Before PPI deadline in August I have contacted the Bank again which they have confirmed in the telephone conversation only. However, I have contacted Allay Claims too, which has also contacted First Direct regarding my PPI. Now, in a bizarre state of events, my bank would not deal with me as they have apparently received a claim from Allay first and although they have confirmed that there was a PPI, they are refusing to deal with me directly as they will only deal with Allay should they, as I am advised "decide to pay out"? I have only signed Allay forms via emails so is this binding and can I somehow "make" my bank deal with me directly?.
Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you
portonbiondi

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As you've appointed them, First Direct will have assumed you want them to act for you.

It make little difference however, as Allay won't know any of the answers so will always ask you for the information.
  • portonbiondi
    Options
    Thank you for your help. Well, I have asked my Bank for details but they confirmed that their response will be sent directly to Allay, side passing me?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's correct.

Allay will then come to you for whatever response is needed.

Employing a claims company just adds an expensive layer of confusion to the process, but it still remains a remarkably popular choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure