How do you store baking tins?

I have ordered a couple of new non stick sandwich tins. I could do with some new ideas on how to store these non stick tins, so they do not get scratched. I have several tins that need better storage

Replies

• paddy's_mumpaddy's_mum Forumite
    4K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    A piece of greaseproof paper, kitchen roll or similar between the tins but I find tins get scratched in use anyway so don't bother - I'd rather sit with a cuppa and a piece of whatever I have just made.

I do however put effort into making sure my baking pans are thoroughly dried (on top of the woodburner) to avoid rusting before storing them away.
  • PollyWollyDoodlePollyWollyDoodle Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I have one of these baking tray organisers from Lakeland, and that holds brownie trays, biscuit sheets etc. Round tins are stacked inside each other - I haven't found they scratch particularly, but then mine get a lot of use anyway. Oblong/square ones are stacked together, as are muffin/mince pie tins.

I love baking and have far too many tins, around 40 in total in different sizes/shapes ... my name is Polly and I am a baking addict :o they take up a whole cupboard, but every time I try and reduce them I can't bear to part with any. Bundt tin, anyone! :rotfl:

I never put my tins through the dishwasher, I wash them with soapy water and then dry them in the cooling oven, or on the woodburner as suggested.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • pattypan4pattypan4 Forumite
    520 Posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭
    ok, thanks. I have memories of my mother having big stacks in the oven. Not using the dishwasher is a good tip plus the layers in between. I don`t bake so much now but still need a variety
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    All in a pile between the microwave and the corner of the kitchen.
  • Linda32Linda32 Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a cupboard, stacked up as neatly as they all fit. I suppose if I was worried about them scratch then I think I would relegate a tea towel to fit between the tins or an old cloth.
  • GreyQueenGreyQueen Forumite
    13K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :p I gave mine away via freegle and the charity shop and never have to think about storing them at all.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • phoebe1989sebphoebe1989seb Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    We don't have that many - but looking to do more baking now our new kitchen is finally just about complete after twenty months (:o) so will be adding more - but what we currently have are stored in a) the drawer at the bottom of our range and b) one of the shallowest pan drawers......

Not too bothered about scratching, but also dry ours thoroughly once removed from the dishwasher by the kitchen wood burning stove.
    :j Mortgage-free for twelve years! :j

:T Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed :T
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one of these baking tray organisers from Lakeland, and that holds brownie trays, biscuit sheets etc.
    Its an expensive solution though. (£130 for 40 baking trays?! - although I appreciate that not all of them will fit).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PollyWollyDoodlePollyWollyDoodle Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not sure where £130 comes from?

It doesn’t hold all of them, of course - just the flat ones. I expect there are other options but I have had this rack for years and it’s a good storage solution for me.

Some of my tins were inherited from my mum, some are gifts, some bought in charity shops, they have been collected over a good many years.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • pattypan4pattypan4 Forumite
    520 Posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭
    today I fancy making a victoria sandwich I have eggs to use, so I need the 2 new tins. Last week I made flapjacks, the week befor a traybake in a bigger tin, then there is a roasting tin and cake tins of various sizes, bun tins for mince pies, bread pans for bread. Lots of tins. What I did was order some soft pan dividers. I am definitely looking after the newest tins, they weren`t cheap. I have got a lakeland tray separator, only good for tray types or flan dishes

I might have a mooch in my cupboards today, will try and clear a part of a cupboard. There was a time in the past when the tins all fell out. I have got some shelf stands that will help separate, will get them from the garage and see. I am not buying any more tins but I needed these 20cm sandwich tins. Love victoria sandwich
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides