Which survey sites have you stopped using?

Options

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ... Give it three or four months. They were great for me at the start (aren't they all?) At one point, I was cashing out every other day albeit, not for long but at least once a week for the most part. This last time it has taken 11 days and, all of a sudden, there is an issue.

If I have done something wrong (I have no idea what, I would not have posted if I did) why can they not just give me an answer?

I have looked into other sites in a cursory way but they all seem to be American. After this experience, I have to wonder if they are worth my time. Seriously peed off with BS.
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Seven months in and my comments still stand. Appreciate not everyone has the same experiences but I'll carry on using while the going is good.
  • Vintage67
    Options
    I started doing their surveys when it was Mintvine and it was an excellent site, but after it became Branded Surveys it went downhill. They stripped nearly all the stuff that made it great (e.g. the 5-30 points you got even if you were disqualified, and most of the Daily Poll points, which meant you could guarantee earning at least $1/day).
    Then last year they locked loads of accounts (mine included, with $65 pending payment inaccessible) for 'profile inconsistencies', which after a couple of months and a lot of complaints they admitted was due to a software bug and un-banned us (giving a massive 100 points as compensation...)
    Over the last year, the number of points per survey continued to decrease and the number of screenouts increased, till it was no longer worthwhile. When it was Mintvine I earned $25-30 each week, when I dumped them a couple of months ago I was getting less than $10. Their recent reviews on SurveyPolice (mostly 1 star out of 5) says it all really. https://www.surveypolice.com/branded-surveys
  • getzls
    getzls Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Valued Opinions, used to be good.
    Inbox Surveys, always was the pits.
    Swagbucks.

Like Survey Bods and Life Points.
    Life Points the best for me.
  • mrs.maverick
    Options
    I have stopped using IPSOS after several attempts to actually get any surveys. I hated the fact that they asked loads of questions before screening me out every time. When I pointed this out to them, they just told me to keep trying!
    Blagged: free samples of handwash from Molton Brown; booklet of walks from Brecon Carreg;
    Free Diabetes monitor, free bee-friendly seeds, a MINI coin and a splash-proof book from Radox.:T
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Given up on most of them, more than I care to remember! The return is just too poor. Ones I can think of:
    One poll
    iPoll
    Valued Opinions
    Clixsense
    IPSOS
    YouGov
    Mintvine
    YourSayPays
    GlobalTestMarket
    ShopperThoughts
    InFocus (only because I now exceed their age limit)
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I only ever did Valued Opinions but gave it up ages ago. Screening was annoying, surveys didn't pay much but what I hated most was they were so badly written and boring to do. They're a marvellous cure for insomnia.

I make much more money now, more easily, doing JobSpotter, plus you're outside getting some exercise and fresh air, so it's a win win for me.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    ... Give it three or four months. They were great for me at the start (aren't they all?) At one point, I was cashing out every other day albeit, not for long but at least once a week for the most part. This last time it has taken 11 days and, all of a sudden, there is an issue.

If I have done something wrong (I have no idea what, I would not have posted if I did) why can they not just give me an answer?

I have looked into other sites in a cursory way but they all seem to be American. After this experience, I have to wonder if they are worth my time. Seriously peed off with BS.
    bigisi wrote: »
    Seven months in and my comments still stand. Appreciate not everyone has the same experiences but I'll carry on using while the going is good.

After 3 or 4 days the silly sods decided to reinstate my account and pay me for the surveys already done... This is their level of integrity: They can just withhold your payment and freeze your account on a whim, then do a complete 180 with no explanation whatsoever, let alone an apology... And we have to prove we're not bots, answer truthfully, be trustworthy, yadda, yadda, yadda. BS by name, BS by nature.
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    At one point I was on about 15 survey sites but over the years I got fed up with most of them and have now whittled it down to 8. The main reason most of them peed me off was the constant screening out, sorry you don't qualify for this survey but here's another, oh you don't qualify for that either but here's another, and another, you'd spend about an hour going through them and get about 50p.
    The main culprits of this, which I no longer do:
    Opinion Outpost
    Life Points
    Valued Opinions
    Mingle
    Toluna
    Swagbucks
    and I think I might have cancelled accounts on a few others too.
    The ones I stick with are:
    Prolific (been a bit quiet lately but usually make around £10-£20 a month)
    Populus - surveys come in fits and starts but I've had one £50 cheque since joining in February and I'm about £30 towards the next one
    YouGov - been really slow this year, usually I hit the £50 twice but I'm only on £40-odd since the start of the year!
    Panelbase - reliable, pays out on only £10, often get decent surveys that pay £6 etc.
    Opinionbar - not sure why I stick with this one - maybe out of habit as I joined about 11 years ago! Often get screened out but they pay 10p if you do.
    I-Say - low threshold of £5 and again, they always pay out between 5 and 25 points if you are screened out.
    OnePoll - payment is low, only 10p-20p usually but the surveys are frequent so they add up quickly.
    Pinecone - not sure why this has the accolade of "the holy grail of survey sites" - yes it pays £3 per survey, but I think this year I've had maybe 6-8 surveys total.
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Forgot about Pinecone - I still do that. It seems OK in that I've never got screened out, though the surveys are super dull.

With YouGov it seems to take years to build up to £50, so probably not for those getting on in years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure