PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How many spreadsheets do you have?

Options
124»

Comments

• RicardaRacoon
    Options
    Oh I love spreadsheets!

Budget
    Spendings and balance of account, cash and outstanding credit card bill at the end of each month
    Books I own and where to find them on my shelf plus I make a note of each book I read and the number of pages
    Weight
    Yarn bought and used up in yards... In a desprate attemt to coax myself into using up my stash....

Oh and speaking of yarn... I have seriously taken photos of all my yarn and added them into Ravelry to see what I have without opening the drawers....
    Fashion on the Ration 2022: 5/66 coupons used: yarn for summer top 5 /
    Note to self, don't buy yarn!
  • jul1961
    Options
    I don't have any spreadsheets...keep a bullet journal and a calendar.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    None here, I have a book that has the monthly in and out figures (bills and direct debits, not other spends) this tells me how much is left for the month. It also has a list of "big spends" for the month.

My energy providers website gives me a decent breakdown of what I've used during the year so I don't need to keep track of those figures.

Birthdays and Christmas are minimal spends, we only buy gifts for our DDs birthdays, secret Santa for Christmas this year means even less spends. DH and I don't feel the need to buy for each other, we're not into 'stuff'.

Food, I don't keep a list of what we have in, I just work on the theory of a well stocked pantry and freezer of various things means we won't starve and can always find something to cook.

We have a very low income so I know what can be spent where and we've simplified our life as much as possible so the ins and outs are as minimal as they can be.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • roughreviews
    Options
    hi there,

I used to have lots of budgeting Spreadsheets... but now... I use money dashboard which uses Openbanking to "read only" my accounts - so then it analyses my spending automatically.
    I have loads of budgets on there, can see incoming and outgoing spend, planned spend. It is a budgeters haven! "MoneyDashboard.com". It's a free service. (They do analyse your data, but not for recommendations or adverse - its not personally identifiable - they use it to report on general market trends). Its prettier than excel too :)
  • mummygems
    Options
    I absolutely loath excel and spreadsheets! We use one for our spending/banking (which my husband set up and I still manage to ruin ha ha). We track all our incoming and outgoings and they are separated into grocery/odds/direct debits/kids/animals etc. We can see at a glance what we have and where our biggest spends are. We (he!) also use spreadsheets for our loans/debt and car repayments so we can see how much we have paid off and how much is left. This usually runs monthly and yearly so we can pay more off one thing if we have the opportunity.

I tend to do all my other planning with pens and paper and project books. Much prefer this way much to my husbands utter dismay. I use this method for birthdays/Christmas/meal planning/food store lists/to do lists and that sort of thing.
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
  • Mistral001
    Mistral001 Posts: 5,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have a spreadsheet with graph for weekly electricity usage. I started it in 2013. It helps me to keep electricity bills down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure