We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Council tax arrears ( 6 months)
Lina2019
Posts: 2 Newbie
in Cutting tax
Hi all
I own a residential property but no longer live there. I am in the process of handing it over to the mortgage company. Due to personal circumstances, I wasn’t able to keep up with my council tax bills, about six months in arrears. I did not contact the council yet. Would the council have proceeded with court summons after six months or will it take longer? I heard that people can be sent to prison if failing to pay council tax. Will I be stopped at the immigration/ airport ?
Thanks
I own a residential property but no longer live there. I am in the process of handing it over to the mortgage company. Due to personal circumstances, I wasn’t able to keep up with my council tax bills, about six months in arrears. I did not contact the council yet. Would the council have proceeded with court summons after six months or will it take longer? I heard that people can be sent to prison if failing to pay council tax. Will I be stopped at the immigration/ airport ?
Thanks
0
Comments
-
I wasn’t able to keep up with my council tax bills, about six months in arrears. I did not contact the council yet.
process for arrears
https://www.gov.uk/council-tax-arrears0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards