Name for Business

Options
13»

Comments

• Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,750 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Presumably you'll be trading as a limited company for all the usual reasons to do so? Companies House sets some limits on what you call yourself (e.g. you can't use a name which is already in use, and certain words are banned - their website will tell you more).

Forget the 'clever clever' names being suggested here, mainly I suspect tongue in cheek - at least I hope so! A simple to spell/pronounce/remember name is all you need, based on your own name, street name or geographical location if you don't have any other bright ideas.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • SadieO
    SadieO Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Marcon wrote: »
    Forget the 'clever clever' names being suggested here, mainly I suspect tongue in cheek - at least I hope so! A simple to spell/pronounce/remember name is all you need, based on your own name, street name or geographical location if you don't have any other bright ideas.

I agree with this. Avoid cutesy puns (they sound silly and unprofessional in my opinion, especially when dealing with a sensitive area such as fertility) and anything too specific in case you want to branch out to other areas in future. My friend recently set up a business called [Her street name] + [industry]. I won't name in case I am not allowed, but along the lines of Wolf Street Records. It helps that her street name is pretty cool, it is easy to spell and lends itself well to a logo (it's not Wolf but another animal!) Is there anything like that you can think of that you could use?
  • Potbellypig
    Options
    Misteeq Consultants Ltd.

It really doesn't need to be anything catchy or gimmicky.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    24/7 Consultants
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts