Illness due to chemicals in work?

Options
I'm working with dangerous chemicals everyday, ofcourse safety equipment is provided but it still gets in the bloodstream one way or another over the years.

Shall I give notice to leave for this reason, or just keep taking sick days due to the chemical induced illness? If I have any more sickness then I'm sure I will be let go anyway.

Is there any help available to somebody in my position?

My employers don't want to know they just say it's my fault for not using all the safety equipment properly, but I do use it properly. It still making me ill

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,660 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you believe the safety equipment provided is inadequate you should contact the Health & Safety Executive.

If you believe your health is being affected by your working environment then just resign.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In what way is it making you ill ?

You been to see a doctor about being ill ?
  • RealElement47
    Options
    I believe all health and safety equipment is inadequate

No matter how good it is, you still get exposure and it gets inside the body

Over the years is builds up

The doctor can't prove anything it's just opinion
  • Davy_Jones_II
    Options
    This is such a strange opening post that I looked up someone the OP’s old threads.

OP, you seem to go through life looking to game every system that you can, rather than just get your head down and get on in life. That being the case forget the inevitable compo claim and just do what you can to succeed in your new career.
  • Davy_Jones_II
    Options
    And, to point out your scientific errors, do you believe that everything that gets into your body builds up?

I’m not sure how it works for you, but several times a day my body expos a pale yellow liquid containing a veritable soup (not literally soup, don’t drink it...) of the things that the body prefers to be on the outside. Even the really bad ones rarely actually build up.
  • RealElement47
    Options
    I mean it builds up over the years, the problems I mean.

No matter how good the protective gear is, you still get a little in the blood and over the years the problems build up.

This is what has happened to me
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm working with dangerous chemicals everyday, ofcourse safety equipment is provided but it still gets in the bloodstream one way or another over the years.

On 19/09 you posted...
    I have just started this new job

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=76290498&postcount=1

confused.com. How long has the exposure been going on?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Blatchford
    Blatchford Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    I believe all health and safety equipment is inadequate

No matter how good it is, you still get exposure and it gets inside the body

Over the years is builds up

The doctor can't prove anything it's just opinion

So, there’s no actual evidence, and no actual opinion ( other than yours) ... perhaps, you should have thought about this dangerous exposure before accepting a job an entire, what, two weeks ago?
  • RealElement47
    Options
    I have been in the business for years now, I changed the department but still workong with the chemicals.

There is evidence in as much as toxins found in samples in higher than normal levels, and evidence that this is causing my illness
  • ToxicWomble
    Options
    The Doctor can’t prove anything and it’s just an opinion

OR

Evidence has been found In samples and this is evidence of your illness.

It CANT be both, make your mind up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport