Junk emails

Options
Blulu
Blulu Posts: 7,650 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
edited 5 October 2019 at 8:53AM in Compers chat corner
Is it just me? My junk emails have gone crazy over the last couple of days. Between 10 pm last night and 8.45 this morning, I've just deleted 84 junk emails.

Worst part is, as a comper, you do need to quickly check them, albeit with a quick skim, glancing through the titles. My last WEM went to my junk folder, and if I hadn't seen it and acted on it, I wouldn't have got my prize.

I don't know why I'm suddenly getting so many. I'm entering fewer comps these days, and I am far more careful than I used to be about which ones I enter.

I've pretty much decided to start over with a new email address fairly soon. But what a pain it will be to have to keep switching between them for a while, to make sure I don't miss a WEM.

So, is it just me?

Blu XXX
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apology
THIS IS ME!

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I seem to be getting a lot of the same junk email recently generally saying something along the lines of : Congratulations ... Confirm Registration for a £500 Primark voucher or something similar.

It's only gonna get worse with Black Friday coming up soon :)
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Sleepy. Me too, re getting those congrats ones. I think they're the most annoying ones of all, being compers. Black Friday is a good point. Perhaps that's part of it.

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm getting several a day, across several different email adresses, all telling me my Curry's delivery is ready. Annoying thing is I might even want to buy something from Curry's come black friday but don't know if I dare!
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,722 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm also receiving lots of spam.

Both my main and secondary email boxes are full of the junk, and I never use my secondary (Hotmail) account for comping.

There seems to be many in a foreign language, and also lots of health related ones, along with fake banking, Paypal, parcel delivery, and those from high up officials who want to give me lots of dollars!

I just hit the delete button, but have a quick check through my comping email trash.

It's really annoying, but it seems there is little that you can do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure