Amazon Prime membership

Options
Poor_Leno
Poor_Leno Posts: 163 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
edited 5 October 2019 at 2:25AM in Shop but don't drop
Does anyone know round here when the best time usually is to sign up for Amazon Prime? £79 is a bit steep to me. Admittedly I did just cream £26 off them by signing up to their platinum credit card for a £20 gift card and then sniping a £6 bonus for topping up my amazon account with £80. So, I suppose If I just swallow it and do it now then its basically costing me just £53. I wondered if during Black Friday / Prime Day's that they have deals going on membership tho? I'd quite like to get the benefit of double amazon points for my credit card from being a prime member, and I do use the site for a lot of shopping (mainly that). I won't really be a member for the TV/shows but probably would watch their movies which are quite decent. Anyway, I just want to get it at the best price basically as I don't think the full £79 is fully justifiable from my POV. In the last year I spent less than £35 on postage fees on my amazon purchases, so I kind of look at prime membership being that anything over £30 is an added cost for...whatever other benefit(s) are worthwhile.

Cheers! :)

Comments

• greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I just signed up again for a free month trial of Prime.
    The item I ordered was shown as eligible for Prime & has just taken 4 working days to be delivered.
    Not impressed so would never pay full wack for Prime.
  • bhjm
    bhjm Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Poor_Leno wrote: »
    I just want to get it at the best price basically as I don't think the full £79 is fully justifiable from my POV. In the last year I spent less than £35 on postage fees on my amazon purchases, so I kind of look at prime membership being that anything over £30 is an added cost for...whatever other benefit(s) are worthwhile.
    Cheers! :)

35£ on postage per annum compared to to an annual fee of 79£. Based on this, i would say prime is not really financially worth for you.
    BUT, with prime, you might can access to a quicker & cheaper delivery. Although I must add that you won`t be eligible for free delivery for ALL items, some are sold not from Amazon and you have to pay postage again.

Personally, i made the choice of not to subscribe to Amazon Prime. I buy at least once a month on Amazon, but if you reach a certain Amount in your shopping cart, you might be offered free shipping or you can subscribe to a 48hours prime. Which is cheaper than the postage.

If you have already subscribed to another On Demand Online Streaming Services like Netflix etc, its not worth in my eyes.
  • Nampso
    Options
    If you or anyone else in your family have an academic email address (e.g. fred.jones@acollege.ac.uk) you can join Amazon Prime Student for half the normal cost so £39 per year, this is available for 4 years or until you graduate...unless you enrol on another course.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You also get a fifteen percent discount for paying your year's sub up-front, which takes it to under £70.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I paid £59 on a prime day

Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing