Supercapital Administration

Replies

• jshaw937jshaw937 Forumite
    9 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    No update as of yet. Originally they said December 2019 but thats well gone 
  • n1c9f6c6n1c9f6c6 Forumite
    8 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    markwok - what do you mean by the "right licences offering protection"? Apologies if this is a dumb question but I don't understand the legal requirements.
    My frustration is that if these people, and I mean both Magna and Supercapital, are bound by the Payment Services Regulations, how can they not comply with those requirements and avoid prosecution? It seems as though the protection that the Regulations are supposed to give to the consumers has failed. If we were getting all our money back it wouldn't be as much of an issue but the money was clearly not safeguarded as Magna advised it would be. I just don't see how they can make such claims and then simply wipe their hands of it.
    9 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    This just doesn't seem to be progressing any further. I dont understand why they are keeping my money so long.
    8 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks. I hope the coronavirus doesn't mean that it will be delayed even further
    9 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I spoke with Griffins insolvency and they said they was trying to push it through due to coronavirus but it sounds like it is a court date they are waiting for. Not convinced though.
  • devast8teddevast8ted Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I am also owed a lot of money from Supercapital ltd. 
    I sold a property in Tenerife and the solicitor I used there recommended Magna to transfer the funds over to Australia for me.  I took the solicitors advice and used Magna to transfer the money, which obviously never arrived. I was told lie after lie from magna, who told me they had sent the money and that the problem was on my banks side in Australia. After almost 4 weeks of being told one lie after another i found out that my money had been caught up in this mess with Supercapital. 
    I made the transaction with Magna and couldnt understand why Supercapital had my money. 
    I was assured by the directors that my money was held in a segregated account and that it was safe. 
    Its been 8 months since I sold my property and I still havent received a penny. 
    At first Griffins seemed to be really helpful and reassuring, but now we cant speak to anyone and its a nightmare getting a reply on email. 
    We thought this would be sorted in December, but here we are nearly in April and still no closer to getting paid out. 
    Has anyone heard anything lately about when were likely to get a court date? 
    This has gone on too long!!
    9 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Not heard anything lately, think they are trying to buy time for something.
  • markwokmarkwok Forumite
    7 Posts
    First Post
    Email sent out yesterday, there is progress
    9 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Yes, hopefully shouldn't be long then.
    8 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    This is just the application to the court though. Surely it will depend on when the Court are able to make a decision and whether they have sufficient information? I don't even know if they are currently conducting hearings due to Coronavirus.

We're rapidly approaching seven months now and I'm afraid I'm still not going to hold my breath.

Just on a separate note, is anyone planning to do anything about attempting to recover the shortfall? I'm considering a private legal action but it might be useful to share knowledge/ideas.