PPI Barclays want medical info

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaiming Mortgage Fees, Council Tax, etc
2 replies 2.4K views
MaMcCoulMaMcCoul Forumite
1 Post
Barclays have written to say they need to know if I had a medical condition when the policy was sold to me. Can they ask for this?

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    MaMcCoul wrote: »
    Barclays have written to say they need to know if I had a medical condition when the policy was sold to me. Can they ask for this?
    If you have complained that the insurance (PPI) did not cover you because you had a pre-existing medical condition then, of course, you will need to furnish proof. If you haven't made such a complaint then you don't have to provide this information, though it might aid your chances of success.....
  • SonOfSonOf Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaMcCoul wrote: »

Of course they can ask for it. You can refuse to tell them if you wish. If you refuse, then they can class you as being in clean health and reject that as being a valid complaint reason.

In your complaint to them, did you give the complaint reasons? did you state that you had a pre-existing condition? Or did you give no complaint reasons which then leaves them having to ask you the questionS?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals