Self Managed DMP System / Portal

Hi all,

I apologise if this isn't allowed or I have posted in the wrong place!

I'm currently on a self managed DMP with just over ten creditors and around three years left until I am debt free.

I manage my DMP with a spreadsheet and documents for letters sent etc. It's started to get a little messy and I thought as I am a web developer I could create an online portal to manage my DMP which would simplify a lot of tasks for example it could auto generate letters and offers to debtors (you would obviously have to print and send them but all of the relevant information would be prepopulated).

I know how hard it can be when you are in debt so I would like to create this as a free for use to give something back to the community. My questions here are:

1- Would anyone be interested in using this system
2- Would anyone be willing to help out with ideas (no programming/development knowledge needed!)

Feel free to ask any questions

Thanks

Comments

• Sorry SpiderDan, but it already exists.

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/dmp.asp
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Thanks for the reply!

I didn't know about this so thank you. I've just had a quick look around my only concern is it seems quite dated and not very mobile friendly.
  • SpiderDan wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply!

I didn't know about this so thank you. I've just had a quick look around my only concern is it seems quite dated and not very mobile friendly.

I had no complaints using it via my mobile, which is how I access the internet 99% of the time.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • WhenIam64
    WhenIam64 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    You say you are a web developer but much of this will revolve around UX and links to the Creditors. Surprised if there is not already one based on an interface between the major debt advisors / major debt buyers.

Don't forget that any such system must follow FCA rules if it is to get anywhere.
    Unlike some here, I am not omniscient. If I am wrong correct me. I won't take offence.

The law is like an ocean - have a swim but don't drown.
  • SpiderDan
    SpiderDan Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 29 September 2019 at 7:09PM
    WhenIam64 wrote: »
    You say you are a web developer but much of this will revolve around UX and links to the Creditors. Surprised if there is not already one based on an interface between the major debt advisors / major debt buyers.

Don't forget that any such system must follow FCA rules if it is to get anywhere.

I'm a full stack developer I can develop both the front and back end. I wrote web developer as most people will have an understanding of what that is..

There wouldn't be any FCA rules to follow as no money would be held or processed? Please correct me if I'm wrong on this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure