Champagne and wine

How can I sell 21 bottles of Champagne and wine? Online wine dealers and auctioneers don't want to know as it's not "rare" or "fine". I'm not claiming it is. But it includes 9 bottles of Sunday Times Champagne, for instance. EBay won't let private sellers sell it, and I'd need a licence to sell on Facebook or elsewhere online. I don't drink alcohol, and it's all too valuable to give away in the street. Any suggestions on how to sell it please?

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,611 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Try a "bricks and mortar" auction house.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Can you put on your own Facebook timeline this question? as opposed to market place. Maybe one of your friends may want to stock up for Christmas
  • lushplus4 wrote: »
    Can you put on your own Facebook timeline this question? as opposed to market place. Maybe one of your friends may want to stock up for Christmas
    Thanks. It's certainly an idea, although technically I suspect it could still be illegal as I don't have a licence.
  • Try a "bricks and mortar" auction house.
    Thanks. I've messaged one now.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Feel free to mail them my way.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Could always give them as Christmas presents to friends / family. Indirectly gives you money for them by saving on gifts.

Donate them to charity raffles.

Know of anyone getting married, or divorced, or some other party who would appreciate it at a lower than normal price :D

Got to ask, why have you got so much if you don't drink? Left over from an event or something?
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • mikep22 wrote: »
    Feel free to mail them my way.
    Okey-dokey.
    :rotfl:
  • Local independent restaurant might buy it from you. You don't need a licence as you're not selling retail. And as restaurants mark up the price quite a lot they should be able to pay you close to retail price. But they might not be willing to take only 20 mixed bottles.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • BowerBadgers
    BowerBadgers Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 September 2019 at 11:11AM
    Could always give them as Christmas presents to friends / family. Indirectly gives you money for them by saving on gifts.

Donate them to charity raffles.

Know of anyone getting married, or divorced, or some other party who would appreciate it at a lower than normal price :D

Got to ask, why have you got so much if you don't drink? Left over from an event or something?

As to why: Combination of work, gifts and raffle prizes. Someone who gave some to us could end up getting them back! :)
  • So long as there are no touching messages written on the label, where's the issue?

Cellophane scrounged from a florist, lashings of ribbon likewise or bought off ebay & you have some dashed handsome gifts ready (& easy) to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure