Fallout 76 Helmet mould

Hey peeps. Hope this is in the right place

The US has just called a mass recall on the Helmets you get with the Fallout 76 Special Edition due to mould growth on the fabric inside the helmet. I had a look at mine and indeed there is loads of white specs and some bigger patches. Where do I stand with this in the UK. It is still within the EU 2 year and well within the 6 year UK electrical/electronic law (unsure if that applies to this item)

My local Game where I bought this from won't let me return the item. As I just tried now

Do any of you have any advice on this matter? As I obviously can't wash an electrical plastic helmet and I won't be wearing it unless I want to catch something

Tha ks in advance

Replies

• DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Tauorca wrote: »
    Hey peeps. Hope this is in the right place

The US has just called a mass recall on the Helmets you get with the Fallout 76 Special Edition due to mould growth on the fabric inside the helmet. I had a look at mine and indeed there is loads of white specs and some bigger patches. Where do I stand with this in the UK. It is still within the EU 2 year and well within the 6 year UK electrical/electronic law (unsure if that applies to this item)

My local Game where I bought this from won't let me return the item. As I just tried now

Do any of you have any advice on this matter? As I obviously can't wash an electrical plastic helmet and I won't be wearing it unless I want to catch something

Tha ks in advance

What have you tried ?
    Pointless in suggestions being posted if you have already tried them.
  • SpankSpank Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    It's not the same helmet it's one that was sold in GameStop the ones in the special edition haven't been recalled
  • Why the fook would you want to wear a power helmet? It’s a display piece isn’t it?
  • sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    6K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    "the company told Engadget that the recall involves only one specific model: the Fallout 1:1 Power Armor Nuka Cola Helmets with a red painted finish and white-colored exterior tubing around the sides . Only 32 of the units in question were shipped to consumers, and all the buyers have been contacted."
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals