Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

going over 45mph with R plates in the republic of Ireland.

edited 15 September 2019 at 7:07PM in N. Ireland
1 reply 2.6K views
sheagallagher12sheagallagher12 Forumite
9 Posts
edited 15 September 2019 at 7:07PM in N. Ireland
I was travelling home from work yesterday, as I live in the north of Ireland but work in the south, I still have my R plates up on my car which means I have to drive at 45mph but was going at around 51/52, I was on a 60mph road as I approached a bend I seen a speed-camera van and as soon as I seen it I slowed down to 45 and continued, would anyone have any sort of idea of what points I could get for this although I did not break the speed limit by going over 100KM/60MPH, I went slightly over the 45 and it was in the south of Ireland but my car is registered to the north, any insight would be much appreciated.

Replies

• qwert_yuiopqwert_yuiop Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    I was travelling home from work yesterday, as I live in the north of Ireland but work in the south, I still have my R plates up on my car which means I have to drive at 45mph but was going at around 51/52, I was on a 60mph road as I approached a bend I seen a speed-camera van and as soon as I seen it I slowed down to 45 and continued, would anyone have any sort of idea of what points I could get for this although I did not break the speed limit by going over 100KM/60MPH, I went slightly over the 45 and it was in the south of Ireland but my car is registered to the north, any insight would be much appreciated.

Forget about it. Your R plates, or their absence, are of no significance in the south. You didn’t break the speed limit.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals