alleged sleeping on post

Options

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shiwen55 wrote: »
    Annoying? It's management fault. The amount of times I asked them to send me home but they didn't

That's my point. If you're not well enough to work then call in sick. Don't go in then wait for someone to send you home again.
    Although you need to be very careful because if you're expecting to be sent home regularly it does raise queries about your capability to continue with the role.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • shiwen55
    Options
    Guys, please reply, because I'm getting a picture of what I could be asked at the meeting. Thank you
  • shiwen55
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    That's my point. If you're not well enough to work then call in sick. Don't go in then wait for someone to send you home again.
    Although you need to be very careful because if you're expecting to be sent home regularly it does raise queries about your capability to continue with the role.

Okay, so I can say my pain started while I was on duty and from previous experience I've had, no point in asking to be sent home because the management didn't agree before, excuses like they do not have cover. I think on top of my head, it's happened 2-3 times in the past year, so not regular to say unfit for job
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi all,

About 1 pm, I was so numb and tired that I put my head down, looking down for a few seconds. The client has seen me and alleged I was asleep. Now I have been suspended with pay to report to security head office on Monday morning.

I am a member of the union as well and will contact them Monday afternoon.

Thank you,

shiwen55

No, contact your Union as soon as possible - companies don't suspend with pay lightly, you may well be facing severe disciplinary action!
  • shiwen55
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    No, contact your Union as soon as possible - companies don't suspend with pay lightly, you may well be facing severe disciplinary action!

Union line is Mon to Fri, otherwise I would. My meeting is at half ten Monday, far away, the only time I could contact them is after meeting
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    َAlso if they check, they'd see for themselves it was few seconds I put my head down

If you're confident, ask to see the footage yourself. That will put the matter to bed once and for all (parden the pun)
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.38% of current retirement "pot" (as at end April 2024)
  • shiwen55
    Options
    Thank you,

Here's what I found on ACAS:

https://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=6548

I will definitely ask them to check CCTV
  • Blatchford
    Options
    Annoying? It's management fault. The amount of times I asked them to send me home but they didn't
    Goodness. You are a grown up. You decide when you are unable to work because of sickness. You don't turn up and wait for them to send you home. And you don't ask them to send you home and then get ranty because they didn't. If you go in with that attitude, that it is all their fault for not being telepathic and knowing you are too sick to work, then you are storing up trouble.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If your meeting is at 10.30, phone your union as soon as they open at 9.
    If it's an investigation meeting you have no right of accompaniment, but it may help you to avoid digging yourself into a large hole.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • shiwen55
    Options
    Blatchford wrote: »
    Goodness. You are a grown up. You decide when you are unable to work because of sickness. You don't turn up and wait for them to send you home. And you don't ask them to send you home and then get ranty because they didn't. If you go in with that attitude, that it is all their fault for not being telepathic and knowing you are too sick to work, then you are storing up trouble.

I've asked them before but they didn't. Thanks anyway, I've got a rough idea what to say in the meeting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure