Forum Home » Food Shopping & Groceries » Gone Off!

Chocolate Tubs £3.50 each - Celebrations - Heroes - Quality Street - Roses @ Tesco

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Chocolate Tubs £3.50 each - Celebrations - Heroes - Quality Street - Roses @ Tesco

edited 10 September 2019 at 6:47PM in Gone Off!
3 replies 11.5K views
sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
16K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 10 September 2019 at 6:47PM in Gone Off!
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/buylists/christmas-food-and-drink/christmas-chocolate-and-snacks/tubs-and-cartons?

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 10 Sep:

It's true - the big tubs of Celebrations, Heroes, Quality Street and Roses are all £3.50 each at Tesco (normally £5), and the offer's on till Tue 17 Sep. While a decent price if you're going to eat these now, it may be worth waiting a while if you're stocking up for Christmas. Of course, while spreading the cost of Christmas is a sensible idea, if you buy the sweets too early - let's be honest - there's a risk you'll buy 'em twice. Plus, if previous years are anything to go by, these same tubs are likely to be £3.50 (or cheaper) again before December.

Big thanks to sarah1972 for the spot! [purplesignup][/purplesignup]
I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

Replies

• What is the use buy date on these chocks? Do they have a short lifespan?
  • sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avdav wrote: »
    What is the use buy date on these chocks? Do they have a short lifespan?

Mine are dated Oct 2020

They shouldn't be short dated as they always come out this time of year hoping that we all buy for Christmas and eat them and buy again :rotfl:
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • PLRFDPLRFD Forumite
    877 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Avdav wrote: »
    What is the use buy date on these chocks? Do they have a short lifespan?

Yes they do if granny and the rest of the family gannets are around they have a very short lifespan indeed.