Which are legitimate?

Options
So I'm in a transitional period between jobs, with the added caveat that we're moving from Durham to Glasgow by the end of 2019 but we're stuck for the next few weeks. Now between bills, pets and debt we don't have a spare penny from my amazing wife's paycheck. I'm looking for temp or part time jobs but no joy so far.

Just wondering if there are legitimate ways to make money from home? I don't mean this survey nonsense, been there, tried it, never again.

I'd Google it but you can imagine the results I get. Most advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There isn't any genuine. " Work from home" jobs that make decent money.

Ignore any of the pyramid Scentsy, bettaware, Avon , body shop at home. Only winners there are those well up the pyramid.
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So I'm in a transitional period between jobs, with the added caveat that we're moving from Durham to Glasgow by the end of 2019 but we're stuck for the next few weeks. Now between bills, pets and debt we don't have a spare penny from my amazing wife's paycheck. I'm looking for temp or part time jobs but no joy so far.

Just wondering if there are legitimate ways to make money from home? I don't mean this survey nonsense, been there, tried it, never again.

I'd Google it but you can imagine the results I get. Most advice greatly appreciated!

a) Clearly if you come on here and make disparaging remarks about a perfectly legitimate way to make cash which many of us use, you are unlikely to get as many people responding as otherwise.
    b) There's a guide, read it, effort, I know.
    c) People wouldn't do surveys if there was some kind of magical way you could make more money, easier then this, and even if there was, with the arrogant tone of the initial email, why would we help you?
    d) Learn to google more efficiently.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Potbellypig
    Options

I'll change the bit in bold and answer this one for you.

Yes, yes there are. Loads of different ways. Unfortunately, all of them require hard work, effort and determination to get any sort of decent return from them. Not simply a Google search.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've given up on most survey sites, probably for similar reasons to you.
    But prolific is certainly worth a look at as it pays a decent rate for the time spent in £per hour.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure