Options
2»

Comments

• confused57
    Options
    Thank you so much SonOf, I will fill in the form to accept the offer
  • brendatay
    Options
    I received a letter in September telling me how much I was owed but still have not received any increased monthly payments or the compensation back payment.
    I don’t know if anyone has received their compensation
  • brendatay
    Options
    The letter I received from the Pru telling me what I was owed stated that the payment would be made within 2 weeks from the date if the letter, that was nearly 4 months ago !
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    brendatay wrote: »
    The letter I received from the Pru telling me what I was owed stated that the payment would be made within 2 weeks from the date if the letter, that was nearly 4 months ago !
    Have you contacted them to ask what is happening? A phone call may be enough to explain, if not then write a letter of complaint. Head it "Complaint" and include details of what they have told you before and when they said it.
  • brendatay
    Options
    Yes I have phoned twice and have been told they would ‘escalate’ my claim! It seems that a letter of complaint may be needed but that will probably get shelved too! Is there anywhere particular I can write to?
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    With thematic reviews instigated at the request of the FCA, the gap between decision and actual payment is often longer than a normal individual complaint.
    It seems that a letter of complaint may be needed but that will probably get shelved too!
    It probably will as a Section 166 review is carried out by a third party company and staff of the company being reviewed are not meant to influence it. I havent seen whether it is actually a S166 review in this case but normally they are when the FCA instruct a company to review past sales.

Do remember that the redress will be getting statutory interest added to it at a rate higher than any savings account. So, the longer the better in most cases!!!
  • parcival
    parcival Posts: 949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We had the compensation payment about 6 weeks ago.

The increase in the monthly amount has not yet arrived but someone did phone after I complained to say it would be in the January payment due on the 11th.

I will update next week........
  • parcival
    parcival Posts: 949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nothing in this months amount. Will contact them again to tell them that I will be complaining to FOS.

Waste of everyone's time just because of yet more incompetence by a financial services company....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure