Loan payments not taken?

Options
3 months ago I applied for, and was granted a loan for 15000 with a large finance company. They sent out the paperwork for me to fill in, which I did and returned it to them. I then received the money a few days later and a letter confirming the details of said loan, such as total amount, monthly payments, start date of payments etc.

The thing is, 3 months have passed since this happened and they have yet to take a payment? I've checked my credit score and it does appear there, but it's status instead of "up to date" like everything else I have. it appears as "unknown".

I'm unsure what to do, do I phone them to tell them to sort it right away and start making payments, or do I keep putting the money away for when they eventually twig about it and it's sitting there for them to take.

Normally I'd be contacting them right away, but I'm due to be married soon and the extra £900 I've unexpectedly accumulated would go a long way to easing the strain on that front.

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Grievesy wrote: »
    3 months ago I applied for, and was granted a loan for 15000 with a large finance company. They sent out the paperwork for me to fill in, which I did and returned it to them. I then received the money a few days later and a letter confirming the details of said loan, such as total amount, monthly payments, start date of payments etc.

The thing is, 3 months have passed since this happened and they have yet to take a payment? I've checked my credit score and it does appear there, but it's status instead of "up to date" like everything else I have. it appears as "unknown".

I'm unsure what to do, do I phone them to tell them to sort it right away and start making payments, or do I keep putting the money away for when they eventually twig about it and it's sitting there for them to take.

Normally I'd be contacting them right away, but I'm due to be married soon and the extra £900 I've unexpectedly accumulated would go a long way to easing the strain on that front.
    Don't spend the £900. You should not consider the £900 as extra money. It is money you owe. Contact your creditor first thing tomorrow to confirm what is happening with your repayments.

And congratulations on the engagement and pending marriage.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Dangermac
    Dangermac Posts: 557 Forumite
    Options
    Grievesy wrote: »

Call me old fashioned, but why dont you just call them and ask when the payments will be taken?

Unless, of course, you think that they will forget about the £15,000 !!

DM
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Contact them ASAP and sort it out, could be that they have your current account details wrong? whatever it is you will have to correct it and make the missed payments
  • Keepclimbingthathill
    Options
    Yes definitely call or you could end up in trouble.congratulations
  • tetley
    tetley Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Dangermac wrote: »
    Call me old fashioned, but why dont you just call them and ask when the payments will be taken?

Unless, of course, you think that they will forget about the £15,000 !!

DM

Lombard Tricity forgot about my 5k loan many years ago, so it does happen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family