Ebay 'parts missing' returns query

I've received an item with parts missing. I opened a 'return request' via Ebay giving the reason for return as 'parts missing' expecting a returns label straight away, as you would with a SNAD.

Disappointed to find that I have to wait a week for the seller to respond to my return request. Can I cancel the request and open a new SNAD case so I can get it returned quicker?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,190 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sham63 wrote: »
    I've received an item with parts missing. I opened a 'return request' via Ebay giving the reason for return as 'parts missing' expecting a returns label straight away, as you would with a SNAD.

Disappointed to find that I have to wait a week for the seller to respond to my return request. Can I cancel the request and open a new SNAD case so I can get it returned quicker?

No, you have to give the seller a chance to supply a label , not all sellers, myself included would check frequently when on holiday and we need a chance to log in and deal with it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sham63
    sham63 Posts: 1,066 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks Soolin.

The seller is a big Corporate, so I'm surprised they haven't responded yet as I opened the case on Saturday. I'm off on holiday on Sunday, which is their last day to respond, hence the concern.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,190 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Soolin.

The seller is a big Corporate, so I'm surprised they haven't responded yet as I opened the case on Saturday. I'm off on holiday on Sunday, which is their last day to respond, hence the concern.

If they don't respond the ebay will close the case in your favour. If they do respond and send a label you have a long window, something like 3 weeks to actually return for a refund.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Soolin.

Don't rely on big companies being quick. A lot of very large companies have very bad reputations for being extremely slow paying their suppliers for instance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure