Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Supermarket Coupons

Break down Tesco voucher to smaller face value

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Break down Tesco voucher to smaller face value

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Supermarket Coupons
1 reply 4.1K views
aaskraaskr Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Supermarket Coupons
I used to buy Tesco gift cards with £50 Tesco vouchers so that I could spend on my shoppings which are normally below £10, but today I was told that I couldn't buy gift cards with the voucher. Is there a way to break down large vouchers into smaller ones, or a way to spend the voucher on shoppings less than the face value of the voucher (and turn the remainder back to a voucher)?

Replies

• no1catmanno1catman Forumite
    3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Short answer - 'No'.
    You can't overpay with vouchers. OTOH three vouchers are sent out in a mailing to make up your period total. So, you must be spending a lot to get vouchers in the region of £150? Unless, the mailing represented an accumulation of points over a longer period - maybe you moved house and hadn't updated your details.

You could splash out on reward deals with a weekend away for example. Or, Do a BIG SHOP - stock up on some items, early Xmas shopping on others.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard