New here and have a question :)

Hi there, I’m pretty new to comping. I’ve done a bit in the past and been lucky enough to win an all inclusive holiday and some money but I’ve never comped on a larger scale.

Just wondering, how do people find competitions? Do you jus go through what’s on the boards already and add any others you come across or do you have other websites you look at?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Hi Welcome

I only use here and whatever comes up on my fb feed, I use the green tick/red X for here and if I open a fb comp from here I can see if i've already liked the fb post. Some comps you can disqualify yourself if you enter more than once, so if you are using several sources this could happen.

Others might be able to tell you how they avoid this but when comping on such a large scale it would be very difficult to remember what you have already entered.

Good luck

Ash xxx
  • Thank you :)
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Welcome

I only use here and whatever comes up on my fb feed, I use the green tick/red X for here and if I open a fb comp from here I can see if i've already liked the fb post. Some comps you can disqualify yourself if you enter more than once, so if you are using several sources this could happen.

Others might be able to tell you how they avoid this but when comping on such a large scale it would be very difficult to remember what you have already entered.

Good luck

Ash xxx

Pretty much what I do, plus any that arise from the numerous emails we get as compers!
    If I enter from another source, I always check whether it's on here. This is really useful as it means I can tick the tick and avoid duplicating when I come across the comp on here. (Don't need to do this with FB and Twitter as if I'm showing as liking the post it probablu means I've entered too.) It also means I can add it to the board if it's not there.

Fruitful comping xx
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport