One day at a time

Options
A new thread for a new adventure.

Since I last posted a year ago I’ve settled into the new house, visited family and lost some. I had a loved one on life support which is why I disappeared. They’re okay but others aren’t. I’ve got relatives dropping like flies, my relationship broke down and now I’m trying to manage on hardly any money. My current income pays rent but with only £150 left over for all over expenses. My health is failing, my debt is back and my will to keep going is slipping away. Hopefully coming back will help me keep on track.

I’m not planning months or years in advance anymore, I’m taking each day as it comes.

Today’s issue, I cannot do much in the way of housework. Between the fibro flair up and the kitten slicing my hand to ribbons (picture the scene, me innocently eating some bacon when the hyperactive kitten locks on from across the room. Our eyes meet and... Okay that’s not quite what happened. I’d saved a small piece of bacon for the two cats, I’ve been working on rewarding them for leaving me to eat in peace as they’re both rescues and have issues with food. I reached out and gave one piece to one and as I went to pass the next piece the kitten pounced. I have twelve slices in my hand, a hole in each toe and two in my foot that resemble vampire bites.) I’m not able to move around and grab at things much. I’m determined to do something though.

Today’s to do list
1. Put away the dishes on the draining board.
2. Pop on the washing up gloves and wash the dishes in the sink.
3. Reach payout on Make Money app (play games for points, use points for gift cards). I’m 500 points shy of a £5 gift card.
4. Get to at least $5 on Helix Blast. Payout is $10, I’ve got 2 days left until it resets and I have to start again. Currently at $3.85
5. PayPal balance is -£2.39, I want to get that back to zero. I’d love to have a positive balance (even just a penny). I currently have £1 on curious cat and 27p on Qmee. With any luck I can squeeze another £1 out of curious cat. Then I only need to make 12p. Should manage that today.
6. Get to grips with my debt. I need a new spreadsheet, updated signature and a 1% chart. I think I’ll add the chart to the debt spreadsheet. I’m think an overview, full debt spreadsheet and then give each debt its own spreadsheet and chart so I can easily keep track.
Estimated Debt Free Date - September 2019
Debt Paid To Date - £600.08/£1337.04
UU - £343.90/£343.90:D SV - £195/£195:D CO - £0/£298.14 CP - £61.18/£500

44.88%

Comments

• Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi HorrorHound, sorry to hear you have been through such a rough time. Sending you a hug from South Devon.

I'm back to the forums after quite a long hiatus too, and am hoping to start a diary, maybe later today to help get me back on track and accountable...

I'll subscribe and keep you company on your journey. My kitty was a rescue too, and has some issues with food. She sits next to me every night on the sofa and begrudges me every mouthful! She is very shy and goes into hiding whenever we have visitors. Hope your hand feels better soon too. :heart2:
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • HorrorHound
    Options
    Eyebright wrote: »
    Hi HorrorHound, sorry to hear you have been through such a rough time. Sending you a hug from South Devon.

I'm back to the forums after quite a long hiatus too, and am hoping to start a diary, maybe later today to help get me back on track and accountable...

I'll subscribe and keep you company on your journey. My kitty was a rescue too, and has some issues with food. She sits next to me every night on the sofa and begrudges me every mouthful! She is very shy and goes into hiding whenever we have visitors. Hope your hand feels better soon too. :heart2:

Thank you for subscribing. Having a much needed sit down now else I’ll burn myself out. Commandeered my step mother (lovely, not evil) who has helped clean up some of the mess in the kitchen. I’ve got a grumpy “old” man (he’s only just an adult yet acts like he’s 50, matches me perfectly) who was fed whatever in his first home and so still thinks if I have food it’s his. Finally got to a point where he’ll sit nicely and just give me baby eyes to see if I’ll share. Then my little baby was an abandoned feral, he still finds it difficult to understand food comes regularly so he will steal any scrap you drop and beg.

I’m not happy that he’s hurt me but it’s one step at a time with him, in time he’ll eat gently from my hand but for now I’m just grateful that he’s only stealing what I drop rather than still trying to get in my bowl. They’re both amazing with visitors now. They’ll bolt and hide for a minute and then come and demand fusses.

Today’s to do list
    [STRIKE]1. Put away the dishes on the draining board.
    2. Pop on the washing up gloves and wash the dishes in the sink.[/STRIKE]
    3. Reach payout on Make Money app (play games for points, use points for gift cards). I’m 500 points shy of a £5 gift card.
    4. Get to at least $5 on Helix Blast. Payout is $10, I’ve got 2 days left until it resets and I have to start again. Currently at $3.85
    5. PayPal balance is -£2.39, I want to get that back to zero. I’d love to have a positive balance (even just a penny). I currently have £1 on curious cat and 27p on Qmee. With any luck I can squeeze another £1 out of curious cat. Then I only need to make 12p. Should manage that today.
    6. Get to grips with my debt. I need a new spreadsheet, updated signature and a 1% chart. I think I’ll add the chart to the debt spreadsheet. I’m think an overview, full debt spreadsheet and then give each debt its own spreadsheet and chart so I can easily keep track.

Got £16.50 heading to my bank from ohmydosh. £4 from a lottery site (cost me 99p for the drawing, got £4.50 cash back for joining so absolutely worth the 99p). They’ll hit my bank within the next 5-10 working days. Still working on helix blast, curious cat (up to £1.50) and Qmee.
    Estimated Debt Free Date - September 2019
    Debt Paid To Date - £600.08/£1337.04
    UU - £343.90/£343.90:D SV - £195/£195:D CO - £0/£298.14 CP - £61.18/£500

44.88%
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    Things have been really tough for you so baby steps are the way to go :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure