Assembled furniture

Hi all,

Just in the process of moving into an unfurnished flat. I have like 0 DIY skills so Flatpack is not an option

Can anyone recommend a shop that does cheap but good quality ready assembled furniture?

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,801
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    kerry19 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just in the process of moving into an unfurnished flat. I have like 0 DIY skills so Flatpack is not an option

Can anyone recommend a shop that does cheap but good quality ready assembled furniture?

Not sure there is such a thing as "cheap but good quality ready assembled furniture" But if you want to go the cheapest way then it could be cheaper to get a local handyman or women to assemble for you as opposed to buying ready made which will be more expensive.

The trouble is though with cheap flat pack furniture is that you will beed to replace it so often that you will end up paying the price of decent ready made in the end but not getting the quality.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,269
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Some of the Wilkinson furniture comes fully assembled . As a bonus it's British made
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,809
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Got most of my stuff from BHF (British Heart Foundation), delivered, put into the required room and I saved a fortune.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Many charities now sell furniture. Do a bit of googling, including your location, to see what might be on offer.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    Forumite
    You hardly need to be a DIY expert to put together flatpack furniture. If you can read and use a screwdriver that's all you need. Having said that - Freecycle, Gumtree, charity shops - all excellent sources for good quality furniture.
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,000
    Forumite
    You can get a handy man to assemble for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure