Need a Nintendo Switch, is the shop Electrade 247 worth the risk?

Options
Hi everybody.

My son wants a Nintendo Switch and I promised him one for his birthday. I've been trying to find the best deal because they are an expensive piece of kit.
The best price I have found is from a shop called "Electrade 247" who are charging £201.59 for the standard, basic machine. The next best deal is Curry's who are charging £279 (although you do get a £30 voucher to spend in the Nintendo E-Shop).t

My big dilemma is that this is a huge chunk of money in price difference but I can find very little about Electrade 247 to see if they are reputable.
What would you suggest, should I risk it or spend the extra for peace of mind that I am not getting a knock off or whatever?

Thanks for your input here!

Comments

• HogMan
    HogMan Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think the saying goes, If it looks to good to be true it probably is.

"Saving" £78 will probably cost you over £200.
  • Lyndale
    Lyndale Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks! I had a feeling it looked dodgy. I'm glad I listened to myself now! It might look like it costs more elsewhere but it's a lot more expensive if they take your money and nothing shows up!
  • Paul_DNAP
    Paul_DNAP Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Rampant Recycler
    Options
    If you're buying a switch, try and get one that's in the newest style packaging (mainly red box) - there is a new revision of the main processor chip. The upshot of the new chip is that the newer units run cooler, don't run the fan as much and can get as much as 40% longer run time on the same battery charge.

And as much as I dislike currys/pc/dixons there's not much they can screw up just selling you a switch, Argos have the same £30 eshop voucher bundle for £279.99 - seems to be a Nintendo offer not a retailer offer.
    (Although I could be wrong, I often am.)
  • NP123987
    Options
    I have worked with Electrade247 Limited, and the website electrade247.co.uk is not their website, this is a scam. The electrade247.co.uk website states its offices are in Watford, which I can confirm is the address of Electrade 247 Limited, but this is not their website.It has been reported to the Police Action Fraud Team, ref NFRC190803149067.Please spread the word and if you have been impacted, please contact the police​
  • dfons
    dfons Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    NP123987 wrote: »
    I have worked with Electrade247 Limited, and the website electrade247.co.uk is not their website, this is a scam. The electrade247.co.uk website states its offices are in Watford, which I can confirm is the address of Electrade 247 Limited, but this is not their website.It has been reported to the Police Action Fraud Team, ref NFRC190803149067.Please spread the word and if you have been impacted, please contact the police​

Hi, have you been scammed by them? I have and I would like to get in touch with anybody who also fell for it.
    Thanks
  • a1b2c3123
    Options
    hi i can indeed confirm that the company electrode 247 is legitimate however the website electrade247.co.uk is a fraudulent website being used for scamming using the company’s name
  • a1b2c3123
    Options
    dfons wrote: »
    Hi, have you been scammed by them? I have and I would like to get in touch with anybody who also fell for it.
    Thanks

the company itself is legitimate however the domain website electrade247.co.uk is a fake website used by someone else for fraud which had been reported to the police
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure