Forum Home» Competitions Time» Compers Chat Corner

Competitions you don't see any more (Nostalgia)

New Post Advanced Search

Competitions you don't see any more (Nostalgia)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
43 replies 4.2K views
andrew71andrew71 Forumite
1.2K posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
I came to realise the other day that I must of been doing competitions for about ten years and so it got me thinking (a bit of nostalgia creeping in) about those competitions no longer around. Be it due to the host website just stopping doing competitions or them going bust.

Wonga on Twitter - £50 - The only time we'd ever want them to have access to our bank account was if we ever won £50 off them. Happily they've now gone :T

Giraffe & Ed's Diner again on Twitter - win a meal for two on a Friday (two separate competitions). They are still around but they've stopped doing competitions.

Daily Star/Express/OK Magazine - All run by the same company. Daily entries. We're they taken over or just decide to stop doing competitions?

Channel 4 - In the days when Deal or no Deal was at it's peak every day there was a chance to win 10's of thousands of pounds. Free entry up to 30 times a day. This was probably the time many of us learnt to use form filling software and how the browser back button and refresh browser worked.

Fish slice/spatula - personally I didn't enter this so no idea what it was but they did start to get a bit of a cult following on here.

Any more?
2019 CHALLENGE 12 COMPETITION WINS IN 12 Months So Far - 8/12 £250 Brooks Tavern online Spend This Morning Live Tickets Kitvision Action Camera Coronation Street Tour Tickets Holiday to UniversalOrlando for six
Craft Show Tickets
£500 That's Life mag.
Signed Manchester United Top

Replies