We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lidl launches reusable fruit and veg bags - MSE News

Options
13»

Comments

• Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kristyn wrote: »
    But there are so many types of bags like canvas tote bag then why we are using reusable fruit and veg bags.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/579437/cotton-canvas-tote-bad-for-environment
    As it turns out, canvas tote bags might be less eco-friendly than plastic bags because they’re often made of cotton, which requires more energy and water to produce. According to one study from 2011, a cotton bag’s carbon footprint is 598.6 pounds of CO2, compared to 3.48 pounds for a standard plastic bag made from high-density polyethylene. Researchers concluded that it might actually be better to reuse those plastic bags you get from the supermarket, then recycle them once they’re no longer viable.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • Kristyn
    Kristyn Posts: 11 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes you are right, Thank you for clarification. But I want to purchase a good quality canvas tote bag in a discounted price can you suggest me any good relevant store.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 13,060 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Kristyn wrote: »
    Yes you are right, Thank you for clarification. But I want to purchase a good quality canvas tote bag in a discounted price can you suggest me any good relevant store.

This is predominately a UK site, so I doubt if anyone's going to be able to advise you on a store in the US.
  • jameshouston135
    Options
    Hi Kristyn thanks for your participation in this thread, however if you need quality canvas tote bag for US region then i will suggest you to try amazon specially to US and and if you are willing to buy it from any retailer website so just a couple of days before i got a very nice website which ustradeent.com and there any many tote bags are available here. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport