Cracking On

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Boo_Boo
    Options
    Happy sunny day. Well it is here.
    Up earlyish.
    Going to Mr A's for a shredder. Our last one died and I need to do lots as having a paperwork sort out. Makes me feel so much better when it's done.
    Then Mr Ts to get the petrol voucher. Have a strict list of things to buy.
    Then Mr L'dells to use the £5 voucher off £25.
    That should hopefully last us a while. Can always freeze stuff as my freezer is pretty empty having used up a lot of things. Great.
    Nothing planned so will make a start on door curtain and cutting down curtains for the kitchen which were given to me by a friend.
    Body pump.

Don't usually go shopping on a Sunday so will be an experience. Luckily all the shops are in one place, which saves on petrol.
  • Mrs_Boo_Boo
    Options
    Wow where did that time go?

Have been a bit preoccupied this weekend with completing a job application form. Met up with a friend for coffee on bank holiday Monday and mentioned that I was looking for additional hours. She said that they had a bank job with her employer which I could apply for. So have completed the application form over the weekend. Had a craft market on Sunday too so not a huge amount of time to complete. My friend emailed a copy of hers so that helped. Better to have a deadline and get it finished (I am a great procrastinator)

Have also emailed solicitor (another dreaded task) so feeling good today and confirmed electoral role.

Did not get anything done on curtains last weekend.

Need to do a meal plan.
    Got given some veg from DH customer last week and have beetroot left to use up. Runner beans were a bit tough,but pureed the rest after we found out and put them together with left over mashed potato,celeriac and carrots to make bubble and squeak. Yummy.

New month new budget
    No contribution from DH yet. New job and extra pay can't come quick enough.
    Update YNAB

That's all folks, for now
  • Mrs_Boo_Boo
    Options
    Wow time flies.

Had a mini break this weekend. Went to an annual festival nearby. Stayed overnight on Friday and back yesterday evening. Had a few glasses of Prosecco on Friday night. Bought 2 mini bottles from the COOP yesterday and only had soft drinks in the pubs.Lovely to get back last night as DH is still there so lovely sleep last night and time on my own today.

Had job interview on the 12th. Went ok ish,but not confident, Had a phone call 2 days later to let me know I was a strong candidate!! Then email last week to say that shortlisting had been set back a week. I had an early interview,but the others will have to wait. All very strange. Have only applied for bank work. Plan B is to do some private cleaning instead.

Meal plan. Am holding back until to end of the month to keep the groceries budget low. Going to make pizza basses.
    Housework.
    Tackle solicitors letter and reply with the info they need.
    Finish presentation for work. Not presenting until the 3rd,but really needs to be in on Monday. Good for me to crack on and get done. Can always add bits and pieces anyway. Don't want to kill them with powerpoint!!!! Keep it simple.
    Time to spend on Swagbucks.

All good here.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Your mini break sounds lovely. What was the festival?

Going to make your fishcakes this week with a twist, so using white sweet potatoes, smoked kippers and fresh herbs...

Good luck with the presentation and have a lovely week :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Mrs_Boo_Boo
    Options
    Hi there DIA.
    Not been on here for a while, although have thought about it many times!!! argh. Procrastination is my friend.
    The festival was in Looe. A small fishing town in Cornwall. Very popular in the summer.
    Presentation went well. My boss and most of the team were there, so we supported each other.
    Hope the fishcakes went ok too. They sound yummy.

Completed a few things which have been hanging around.

Just increased our mortgage payment by £30 to round it up to £700 a month. Remortgaged a few years ago and started a repayment one. It's an incentive now to get it down.

Made my own spreadable butter. So easy. Half oil to half butter. Wizz up in blender, voila!!!! Put in small tubs and freeze, if not needed. Been wanting to do this for ages. Will do it from now on.

Changed over Electricity tariff as it expires at the end of October.

Got job offer officially this week. Now need to work out what hours I want to work. My friend already works for them so I will discuss what is achievable. They are really looking forward to me starting.

Had my car serviced on Thursday and was advised that I needed 2 new front tyres. Drove straight there,but it looked really busy so drove away again. Planned to meet my friend up the gym yesterday after work,but she cancelled. Decided to get my tyres done. Really easy this time,all completed in 20mins and balancing done, so feels much better.Went to the gym afterwards too. So easy not to go,but felt so good afterwards.

Off to a tea party this afternoon. Need to get on and make some mini breakfast muffins. They are just beaten eggs and a splash of milk with things like bacon,spinach,mushroom,peppers,chrizo sausage etc. Have started making some for packed lunches, to make a change.

Did an insanity class last Saturday at my gym. It was for Macmillan with classes from 8:30 til 3 and coffee and cake. Only £5 and I met lots of people who I don't usually see as they go in the daytime. Need to email them to let them know what a good day it was. Mind you I was feeling it for a while and didn't go to pump the next day. Hardcore or what?

Anyway need to crack on as I will run out of time.
    Have a good weekend everyone x
  • JLS1901
    JLS1901 Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on the job offer Mrs Boo! I too am queen of procrastination it's so hard! Sounds like you have had a busy few weeks.

Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

Welly x
    :wave:
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Congratulations on the job offer :T

It sounds like life is going your way right now.

I love the mini muffin idea. I don't have an oven but if I did they are the sort of thing I would do...Making your own butter is amazing :T

Well done with replacing the tyres. I have car issues right now and I am undecided about what to do. Your prompt action is inspiring on that front.

I hope the coming week is kind to you :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Mrs_Boo_Boo
    Mrs_Boo_Boo Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 November 2019 at 3:09PM
    Options
    Thanks DIA.
    Well another few weeks gone already.

New job starts on Monday. Really looking forward to it. I'm sure there are downsides,but my friend enjoys it so there must be lots of positives. Was asked to swap a Monday for a Thursday to meet up with the others in a few weeks time. Will be great to meet the others and it leaves a completely free Monday. Going to use this for Christmas prep. Make cards,Christmas puddings,possibly a cake too. Had a great idea for my husbands niece's children. There are 8 girls from 8 to 17!!! Found a local beauty salon online which hosts glitter parties etc for children and also offers adult treatments. Result and a bit relief. Struggle with this every year. Got afternoon tea vouchers at a lovely hotel last year and glass fusing workshops the year before.

Had a craft fair tomorrow,but it's been cancelled . Weather is wet and windy here. Decided to go to body balance this morning and had to drive through a deep puddle to get there. Really needed it and the relaxation at the end was so good. Glad I went. Took another way back.

So time to stay in and sort things out. Worked on porch on Sunday. Managed to prep and paint a coat of primer over the bare wood so at least it is protected from the weather.

Have decided to open up a John Lewis credit card as hubbie has one and he's just got a £5 voucher to spend. We have a Waitrose nearby so able to spend on food or gifts. Better than my existing one which doesn't have any perks.

Making a chicken and mushroom stew for tonight then use the filling for a pie. Need to be a bit more organised now I don't have Mondays free.

Anyway keep warm and well. Enjoy your weekend,despite the weather!!!!
  • Mrs_Boo_Boo
    Options
    Crikey where has that time gone? a whole month. Kept thinking about posting,but never got round to it.

Well new job is going from strength to strength. Am fully booked until March (contract ends on the 31st,but will hopefully be renewed). Groups start in January so will have to prep for them. They run for 8 weeks.

Not at all prepared for Christmas yet. In the middle of making cards. Plan to make puddings tomorrow. Need to message salon for vouchers and then make a list of others. Luckily not too many to get and most are easy. God daughter's birthday on the 15th so must not forget that either. Got a few bits food wise. Stocked up on Chianti as we have arranged to share a New Year's Eve meal with friends and have been picked to provide the main course. It's Italian themed so will make Carbonara. It will all fall into place soon.

Not yet applied for a John Lewis card and need to cash in Swagbucks points. Been a bit busy lately.

Have arranged to have our computer updated and memory increased. DH has now moved to an android phone and struggled with transferring some photos and videos to the computer so he is going to do that and them we can uninstall i Tunes and save the £2.49 a month for extra storage. Great money saving as it will be much cheaper than buying a new computer which I thought may have been the answer. We will need a new printer at some time as getting the ink cartridges are becoming more difficult now. Argh.

Small steps are good. We have access to pool cars at work so have decided to book them as much as possible to save on wear and tear on my car and to reduce my petrol bill. They are not always available,but need to get in there first.

Off to a works Christmas meal later on. Getting the train so we can have a few drinks. I am such a lightweight so the cocktail included with the meal will probably be enough for me. DH is away so am going to change the bed before I go and have the bed all to myself tonight. Cat may join me if he decides to come in. We sometimes don't see him for a couple of nights and the day inbetween. Think he has a few homes to visit!!! Definitely goes to one neighbour, as they told my friend who was looking after him at the time,when we were away.

Right need to 'crack on' before I go. Lots to do.

Have a good weekend everyone
    xxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hello Mrs Boo Boo,
    So glad the new job is going so well. I hope you enjoyed the work's Christmas meal.
    You sound very upbeat in the run up to Christmas.
    Take care x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills