Selling jewellery

Options
I have taken advice from all on here and recently sold some gold at Gerrards in Hatton Garden - great experience, thank you!

I still have some pearls to sell, plus other gemstones and also some excellent costume jewellery that my mum said was valuable before she sadly passed away.

Any advice re. where I can take these items? I haven't a clue where to go!

Thank you :)

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try "bricks and mortar" jewellers local to you who buy secondhand jewellery. Also see if Google turns up anywhere that buys these items.

Costume jewellery tends not to be valuable, so i wonder if your mum meant it was better quality than the norm.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Becarefulnotclever
    Options
    Thank you for the advice :)
  • realshannon
    Options
    we had alot of costume jewellery from an estate. I ebayed it in batches and it did very well. sometimes people who like crafting like it as they can use the beads/stones.
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 August 2019 at 11:09AM
    Options
    brooch.jpg

I would have a look at the vintage costume jewellery on ebay and see what sort of pieces have actually sold.

This vintage brooch sold for £25. It's diamante with a blown glass pearl. The reason it sold so well is that it's art deco and currently very collectable. Anything with a strong design may sell for a higher price individually.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport