Amazon Prime delivery dates

Just recently I have noticed more and more items not being available for 1-day delivery, for example, today Friday I have looked at several items are now only available with much longer delivery times, such as "FREE Delivery by Wednesday" "
FREE delivery by Sunday, Jul 28"
"
FREE delivery by Tuesday, Jul 30"

Are Amazon in breach of their contract of "One day delivery with Amazon Prime"
What am I paying my £79 a year for?
I understand some items are shipped from abroad and will take longer but lately it's around 40% are now being offered longer delivery days than "one day".

Replies

• edited 27 July 2019 at 5:45AM
    sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 July 2019 at 5:45AM
    Boxerlover wrote: »
    What am I paying my £79 a year for?.

Unlimited one-day (and for some areas same-day) delivery on millions of eligible items in the UK at no extra cost;

Access to Prime Video, allowing unlimited video streaming of 15,000 TV shows and movies;

Unlimited photo storage on Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos;

Exclusive access to Prime Music to stream or download tracks and albums and a discount off Amazon Music Unlimited.

Access to Amazon Pantry where you can purchase everyday essentials

Access to Amazon Fresh which offers free deliveries on groceries over £40 (limited to selected postcodes)

Use of Amazon Dash to order a range of household items with the push of a button

Access to the Kindle Lending Library where you can borrow one of over 600,000 titles per month

Download a free new book title every month from Kindle First

Early access to Lightning Deals with Prime Early Access

Exclusive special day of shopping discounts each year with ‘Prime Day’

Ability to share Prime delivery benefits,

The only things that I have noticed that say delivery by Wednesday for example are non prime items but to be honest, when I search on Amazon I always tick prime items only on the left hand side so I have not come across your issue.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • ClowanceClowance Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    and since i have Prime purely for the delivery aspect (dont use the rest) I agree with the OP that its a problem.
  • TigsteroonieTigsteroonie Forumite
    24.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would concur, I didn't use Prime for anything other than the delivery aspect. After my year's membership I didn't renew, I found (even living in a major city with an Amazon depot) that some items I wanted weren't available "next day" and actually the delays didn't bother me.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News