Bauer (Radio) Daily competitions - time ring

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
9 replies 1.9K views
andrew71andrew71 Forumite
1.2K posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
Ok. I know that for Hits Radio's cash register they ring about 3:15pm and Magic radio ring after 4pm but what about the other daily Bauer competitions? Like Planet Rock and Greatest Hits Radio.
Do they ring the same time as the other two?
I mean I'd hate to get a call from Planet Rock saying I'd won £1000 while missing a call from Magic Radio saying I'd missed out on £12,000 :grin:
(Wishful thinking really :rotfl:)
2019 CHALLENGE 12 COMPETITION WINS IN 12 Months So Far - 8/12 £250 Brooks Tavern online Spend This Morning Live Tickets Kitvision Action Camera Coronation Street Tour Tickets Holiday to UniversalOrlando for six
Craft Show Tickets
£500 That's Life mag.
Signed Manchester United Top

Replies

• LesgoLesgo Forumite
    271 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    According to OP's Planet Rock Legends closes at 5pm so no problem

but

Greatest Hits closes at 3pm

so

Hits Radio and Greatest Hits may phone you at the same time

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Ladyluck58Ladyluck58 Forumite
    111 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    Are you that lucky?
  • Mariobug25Mariobug25 Forumite
    278 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Not sure where 3.15 for hits has come from, it is played at 3.25 so I’m pretty sure it would be much closer to 3 that they call, like maybe 3.05. I actually seen someone saying it was about 3.05 on another forum, whose friend won / got the call.
    Magic i have seen ring about 4.25pm
    Someone once missed a call from planet rock at 5.08pm

Not sure re greatest hits
  • pate-ci0pate-ci0 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I won the Hits Cash Register earlier in the year, Debbie Mac called at around 15:05 and the edited version was transmitted around 15:30
  • edited 18 July 2019 at 1:50AM
    SkilosSkilos Forumite
    955 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 18 July 2019 at 1:50AM
    Mariobug25 wrote: »
    Someone once missed a call from planet rock at 5.08pm

I try to forget! :o It also happened to be one of just a few times where I hadn't pulled up all the different draw answers ready on my tablet, so I wouldn't have known what to say anyway if I'd heard the call!
  • DeclutteringDecluttering Forumite
    691 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Skilos wrote: »
    I try to forget! :o It also happened to be one time where I hadn't pulled up all the different draw answers ready on my tablet, so wouldn't have known what to say anyway!
    I'm glad it's not just me who finds themselves forgetting the answer by the time it comes close to the ringing. I've only been entering since Monday and so far I've always been out of the house when it's been time for the calls. My "system" so far has been to write the answers onto my wrist but I'm definitely looking for a more organised option :rotfl:
    Thank you competition posters!
  • andrew71andrew71 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Ladyluck58 wrote: »
    Are you that lucky?

I wish :rotfl:
    2019 CHALLENGE 12 COMPETITION WINS IN 12 Months So Far - 8/12 £250 Brooks Tavern online Spend This Morning Live Tickets Kitvision Action Camera Coronation Street Tour Tickets Holiday to UniversalOrlando for six
    Craft Show Tickets
    £500 That's Life mag.
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    43.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andrew71 wrote: »
    Do they ring the same time as the other two?
    I mean I'd hate to get a call from Planet Rock saying I'd won £1000 while missing a call from Magic Radio saying I'd missed out on £12,000 :grin:
    (Wishful thinking really :rotfl:)

Even worse than missing it would be to get a call to win a £1,000 then get a call to win £40,000 but not allowed the £40,000 win as you had already won a prize worth £500 or more from them.

• andrew71andrew71 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Even worse than missing it would be to get a call to win a £1,000 then get a call to win £40,000 but not allowed the £40,000 win as you had already won a prize worth £500 or more from them.
    This is why I'm happy the biggest amount is the first competition.
    I mean winning £40,000 at 3:30pm then declining a call at 5pm to win £2000 isn't that bad (oh how I wish :D )
    Craft Show Tickets
    £500 That's Life mag.