PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thursday 11th July 2019

Options
redruby
redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
edited 11 July 2019 at 6:56AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Morning all

Its been raining here in the night but stopped now and we are in for a nice day I think.

Off to work for me and we are maling lemon drizzle and lime drizzle today along with a marmalade flapjack which I want to try.

Dinner tonight will be some salmon which I will do with some rice and curried chick peas kind of like a kedgeree which is really low fat and calories.

Need to put some washing away tonight and will have a quick tidy of lounge.

Have good days all xx

And Happy Anniversary Mean Marie 49 years !! wow xx

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 July 2019 at 7:44AM
    Options
    Good morning and thank you for starting today's thread redruby.

Yesterday I had a list of jobs and, wonder of wonders, I got through the lot and went on to do a bit of ironing. Not all of it, just a bit. After that, I was really tired but resisted going to bed until 9.30 when I went up with a book but fell asleep before I'd even managed 2 pages.

A friend is visiting this morning. We usually go out for a walk followed by coffee and cake but today we'll have that here. I made a lemon drizzle cake yesterday and a bat H of scones so am all set up to set the world to rights and get fatter in the process.

We've just had the shortest bit of misty drizzle ever known. I am having to water pots every day and my herbs are doing well, fingers crossed.

Thinking about our missing posters and those who are struggling for whatever reason .

Happy Anniversary meanmarie!
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off redruby

Congratulations on your anniversary Marie, enjoy your lunch

ancientofdays enjoy your cake

Great news dp1

Rain was forecast for yesterday afternoon but it failed to show, went dull for a while but that was it. It was so hot and humid. Need to water the garden every day but the water butts are empty.

Need to do some housework but not sure how much will get done.

Thoughts with all those finding life difficult and hope our friends not posting are ok
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread RR and hugs to all those in need.

I managed to write a piece of flash fiction yesterday for a written prompt, first thing I've written since Steve had his stroke.

We have new neighbours, they arrived between 9:30 last night and 6 am this morning, we didn't hear a thing, they have a 60 x 12 ft widebeam, they are a nice couple with a JRT.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,048 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Such great news dp1 :j

There's a heavy rain forecast for today so I can see a lazy day ahead. DM's cleaner is due this morning so I need to do a quick tidy of the kitchen.

The fridge could do with a clear out and then there's the boxes and boxes of haberdashery to sort through. Tonight I'm going out, yes, actually out! There's a talk about tea culture in Glasgow which I'm interested in so have persuaded a friend to come with me. Will feel strange being out in the evening.

Hugs to the sad, the poorly and those struggling. Happy Thursday to all.
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Bit of later check in this morning as I have just had a lovely group face time with the family to celebrate my nieces birthday yesterday and my step dads birthday today. Lovely to see them all, despite some of them being the other side of the world.

Yesterday I didn't manage to check in as I had a docs appointment. I needed an ECG to try and figure out why I am getting random dizzy spells. It came back 'normal' which is the first time I've ever been called that!

A NSD yesterday took me to 7 for the month and I should manage another today, too.

RR - They all sound delicious!! As does all the food you make for that matter.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks RR for starting. A late check in from me too. I wish I could blame it on sleeping in but sadly not!!

The 2 DGDs were up with the lark this morning so it was all systems go from the minute they fell out of bed! After the usual manic couple of hours they were picked up for school by DD's bf and off my hands! Just had a leisurely breakfast of poached egg, avocado and a slice of ham and then got the Bolognese on the go for their return for the Thursday fix tonight and another sleepover.

Shopping day in store. DS taking me this afternoon but undecided whether to go to our usual old Aldi or the shiny new Lidl in the next little town. Maybe the latter as I was quite impressed with it last week. Still doing my utmost to eat from the freezers when I can but still need the usual salad, fruit, veg and dairy as the fridge looks a bit depleted.

I had a lovely meet up and lunch with my Ozzie friend yesterday with much reminiscing and laughs over the old photos. Time ran away with us as I needed to get home for the girls and friend to go to her local DB's to get ready for her Devon DB's 70th birthday meal. Bad planning on my part as it was at the same hotel I had arranged to meet her for lunch! She was fine about that as she thought it was a lovely restaurant and the food good.

Good news from dp1. Happy Anniversary MARIE. Happy cake day AOD and have a lovely evening escape tonight GERS! ((HUGS)) for all in need and our absent friends. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Blackcats
    Blackcats Posts: 2,721 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning. Travelling for work today. Train not too busy which is good but it will be a long day. I'm working from home tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that although there will be a lot to catch up on. Will have homemade soup when I eventually get home later tonight - very comforting and a good way to keep up veggie intake.
    Speky, when I had a few dizzy spells my doc suggested having some dioralyte - apparently if our body salts are out of kilter that can cause light headedness (is that a word?). It seemed to help me.
    Have a nice day everyone
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    Options
    Slept until 9.30 this morning, was very tired last night, not sure why..

Going out for our lunch and mooch in a bit.....hope that the restaurant we heard of separately is as good as promised.

Glad that your ECG. was normal Speky can imagine that it was a shock.,..I would be gobsmacked to be called normal....hasn't happened yet so maybe I will get away with. it. At this stage!

You seem to be enjoying your life on the canal Hester, long may it continue!

You are so busy TA.

Thread is so short these days.....hugs to Holly, Poppy,, LW,. OL and anyone I have forgotten for the moment.

Rain over for now.....have a good day all.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a lot cooler here this morning but still no sign of the promised rain. I have just had the nurse come and sort out my legs so they feel a lot more comfortable now.

I am absolutely shattered as I was up for most of the night with Lee. He was in a lot of stomach pain, so much that he rang 111 and they called an ambulance for him. The paramedic was lovely and gave him lots of reassurance and fortunately didn't need to take him into hospital. 10 minutes after she had left, Lee threw up spectacularly all over the new dining room floor. He was very good though and cleaned it all up and mopped it afterwards so it still looks like new. I am so glad we didn't still have carpet down :eek:. Lee is absolutely fine this morning thank goodness though he has had a stern word from me for calling 111 in the middle of the night without telling us first.

Not sure what we are having for dinner tonight, maybe sausages and mash or faggots, peas and mash. I will see what we all feel like later on.

Hope you enjoy your meal meanmarie, and a very happy anniversary for yesterday xx
    Great news about your grand daughter dp1, hope she continues to thrive at home xx

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all. The decorating is continuing
    and DH is cutting in before putting the first coat on the walls. I am supporting with coffee and encouragement.

Cloudy here but no rain. I am about to put a white wash on the line and think aboit lunch.

Dp1 great news. Hope little one continues to improve. Marie Happy Anniversay. Enjoy your meal out. It is our 45 th next month. Gets enjoy your evening out.

Well have a good day folks and hugs and spoons all round.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family