Tax refund

Hi, has anyone encountered dsr tax reclaims. they offer a tax reclaim for employed people in the building industry. A friend just received 6k but doesn't know where from but said you can claim for food. They charge 40% of the amount you receive. I have asked the tax office if I can claim for extras being employed and they say I can only claim for cleaning overalls, about £20 a year. They have good reviews on trust pilot but I don't like the idea of being charged 40%.Has anyone else heard of this for employed people.

Comments

• Hi, has anyone encountered dsr tax reclaims. they offer a tax reclaim for employed people in the building industry

Never heard of them. What does dsr stand for?
    A friend just received 6k but doesn't know where from

He sounds confused. Maybe his bank can tell him/her who sent him the money.
    I have asked the tax office if I can claim for extras being employed and they say I can only claim for cleaning overalls, about £20 a year

You may or may not be able to claim more. But as an employee what costs do you think you have incurred that might be claimed against tax?
    They have good reviews on trust pilot but I don't like the idea of being charged 40%

Don't use them then. Get back in touch with HMRC and claim what they have said you can. HMRC charge 0%. It may not be 40% either, it might be 40% + VAT.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure