New Post Advanced Search

Loading CV on Indeed

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Employment, Jobseeking & Training
10 replies 2.4K views
maisie1234maisie1234 Forumite
223 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Employment, Jobseeking & Training
Hi All, I am leaving my current company in a couple of months after 30 years in the industry and want to do something less stressful. I have lots of customer facing experience with a FTSE company.

I was wondering about putting my CV on Indeed. Does Indeed automatically mask your email and telephone number or do you have to NOT include it when you upload. Had a quick look on the Indeed site and sorry - it wasn't clear!

I also have a fairly high salary (£60K) and I am looking for something at less than half that. Should I put that on my CV? I really really don't want the same sort of role as now and for me its a lifestyle change.

Any advice please?

Replies

• MarkN88MarkN88 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I would use indeed to look for jobs, and any that require a CV and covering letter I would adapt these documents for each job role you are interested in, therefore you can tailor those to each role and company and choose what you are going to include in each application.

If you feel they may query why you are applying for roles which pay considerably less than it could be worth addressing this within the covering letter.
  • Les79Les79
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    Personally I would use indeed to look for jobs, and any that require a CV and covering letter I would adapt these documents for each job role you are interested in, therefore you can tailor those to each role and company and choose what you are going to include in each application.

If you feel they may query why you are applying for roles which pay considerably less than it could be worth addressing this within the covering letter.

Yea, I would cover it in the covering letter too!

There are perfectly good reasons why someone would want to drop down from 60k to 30k (or less), but I think you'd need to get across:

1. A reasonable and valid reason for doing it

2. A desire to want to do the work and not get bored 6 months down the line when you start missing your 60k pay checks

You could also just not mention the wage you were on (none of their business) AND play down the roles and responsibilities of the previous job wherever possible.
  • maisie1234maisie1234 Forumite
    223 posts
    Thank you Les and Mark. I am just concerned that if I put my CV on as is it will show my personal details. Do Indeed do something to the CV before it gets finally loaded.
  • There's no real need to upload a CV on Indeed - most of the jobs you just apply for individually and it lets you fill out a cover letter and attach a CV during the process.
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't bother with the upload, plus I don't think they "erase" personal details.

Its much easier for you to just do job searches and for the jobs you want to apply for you get asked to add the following:

Name
    Email
    Telephone Number
    CV
    Covering Letter

Then you can personalise the CV and covering letter.

Sometimes jobs will redirect you to an employer website where you will be asked to complete their online application form or complete an application form and send via email to the employer.

All these ways you can personalise and explain what you need to.
  • HalfieHalfie Forumite
    122 posts
    First Anniversary
    I worked in recruitment for some time and Indeed do blank out contact details for candidates. They provide an @indeed email address (so it will be something like [email protected] or similar). Recruiters and hiring managers will use this to contact you in the first instance and then probably ask for your other details. Name will be visible but address is blanked out if I remember rightly.
  • mklistermklister Forumite
    35 posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    When I was last looking nearly 2 years ago, the problem I had because of uploading my CV to Indeed and other job sites was that some recruitment companies added my email to their database. Other job websites that I hadn't uploaded my CV to also added me to mailing lists.

I've needed to unsubscribe from quite a few mailing lists. If I do need to look in future, I'll just apply to the jobs that I'm interested in.

I only put my email and LinkedIn on my CV, I never put my phone number.
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I realize how important it is to have a high-level resume and that's why I am still working on it, to make it perfectly.

This is a UK site.
  • GHolmesAdminGHolmesAdmin Forumite
    199 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    You need to hide your CV on Indeed or you will hear from all sorts of nutters and chancers, you have to go into your account details to do this.