Back support belt

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
3 replies 2.9K views
burtonsburtons Forumite
724 Posts
Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
I hurt my back so I want to get a back support belt but which ones are any good.

Replies

• LegacoidLegacoid Forumite
    61 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    Is this for support when lifting weights in the gym, or more generally for daily life?

If it's for daily life I'd be more inclined to spend my money on a couple of trips to a decent physiotherapist or even a well-qualified PT to get an exercise program to fix any weaknesses/imbalances you have and prevent a similar injury happening again. Long term a belt may actually contribute to your problem.
  • burtonsburtons Forumite
    724 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Legacoid wrote: »
    Is this for support when lifting weights in the gym, or more generally for daily life?

If it's for daily life I'd be more inclined to spend my money on a couple of trips to a decent physiotherapist or even a well-qualified PT to get an exercise program to fix any weaknesses/imbalances you have and prevent a similar injury happening again. Long term a belt may actually contribute to your problem.
    When I hurt my back the doctor sent me to the physiotherapist assessment unit at the hospital and they told me to exercise but they didn't really say what exercises I should do apart from swinging my arms around like an helicopter. I only want the belt while in blackpool as I don't want to hurt my back when I go on the rides with my daughter.
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    31.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    burtons wrote: »
    When I hurt my back the doctor sent me to the physiotherapist assessment unit at the hospital and they told me to exercise but they didn't really say what exercises I should do apart from swinging my arms around like an helicopter. I only want the belt while in blackpool as I don't want to hurt my back when I go on the rides with my daughter.
    I'm not sure a body belt will protect your back if you're planning on going on the more serious rides.

I think the big rides may have a disclaimer about not riding if you're pregnant, have a bad back etc.
    Of course, I'm sure you'll be fine on the teacups ride.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals