Gherkins

Options
2»

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Went to Aldi but couldn't find any sliced ones, just saw some baby ones.

Will pop into Lidl next and see if I can get any.

Not sliced - but next week ( starting 18th July ) they are also doing an "Eastern Europe" week which includes 860g jars for 99p. I presume some of the pickling spices make them different from normalzoom_page-15_01.jpg
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Was in Lidl this morning . They had both sliced and unsliced , but you pay a high premium for sliced at around twice the price per Kg.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dlusman wrote: »
    Was in Lidl this morning . They had both sliced and unsliced , but you pay a high premium for sliced at around twice the price per Kg.

I will be at a Lidl next week so will go have a look then. I am happy to pay more. I need gherkins!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh thanks all. I didn't know the smaller ones were crunchy hence getting them.

I shall be on the prowl for the regular ones or the sliced ones. Instead of chomping on crisps in bed, I am going to become a gherkin chomper. Hopefully the lbs will drop off!

Although the packaging looks the same, if you look at the labels they either say cornichons or gherkins.
    I will be at a Lidl next week so will go have a look then. I am happy to pay more. I need gherkins!

You're not paying more for gherkins as such just paying for Lidl's supplier to cut them in half for you.
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,233 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Believe it or not - Ikea :)
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I got a big jar of sliced ones in Iceland the other day for £1
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They sell some gorgeous ones at Tesco, a big jar for £1.70 and they are nice and soft. I've got about 10 jars in case they stop doing them.

Thanks all for the advice. I will definitely stay away from the cornichons or whatever they are called in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure