Past DRO preventing me getting a mortgage

Options
Hello
Does anyone know why I am either being refused a mortgage or being asked for 15% deposit even after my dro has cleared of my credit report after being on there for 6 years?
Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's because of the risk you present to the lender.

They will based their decisions on your history, particularly what they see on your credit files, as well as any other information they ask or hold.

If you have a patch credit history, use a broker.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    A DRO is no different (in the eyes of the lender) to bankruptcy.

Without knowing more it is difficult to say, but you should have options but as you are finding your options may be reduced. Percentage wise, your deposit is low, combined with the DRO and possibly other factors (gifted deposit, other late payments or defaults showing possibly, low income, short time in the job), it could just be your application is not scoring highly enough.

Get your reports in front of a broker. There should be options out there for you. The worst thing you can do is just keep applying as that can just result in numerous credit checks and cause more harm than good.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure