Plunger with at least 20cm diameter

Options
Hello

All the plungers that I find in numerous places are maximum 15cm in diameter. This is too small and does not cover all the toilet hole to be placed air-tightly.

Is there anywhere that I can buy an at least 20cm diameter plunger? I can't believe that no one has it!

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    HappyUser wrote: »
    Hello

All the plungers that I find in numerous places are maximum 15cm in diameter. This is too small and does not cover all the toilet hole to be placed air-tightly.

Is there anywhere that I can buy an at least 20cm diameter plunger? I can't believe that no one has it!

No one does one as all standard waste pipes are 4inch so you definitely won’t get one that’s 200 mm !

You don’t cover the whole toilet hole to plunge a toilet, you have to push through the blockage !

May I suggest google .
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Befo9re buying a plunger, try squirting a good dollop of washing up liquid in the bowl then fill a bucket with water and pour it as fast as you can down the bowl.

Force and weight of the water combined with the slippery properties of the washing up liquid usually clears any blockage.
  • sarah1972
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »

He/she wants 200mm and the one above which I think is the largest available is 170mm. I don't think what they want exists
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • HappyUser
    HappyUser Posts: 301 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2019 at 9:14PM
    Options
    I don't understand that you are saying you do not have to cover the whole toilet hole.

Here is a photo of how it is supposed to work:
    https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71Zl4qQNEBL._AC_UL320_.jpg

To do that you need at least 20mm diameter plunger.

Also look at the Amazon comment here, it is exactly the problem I am facing:
    Not good had to return it, it did not fit the toilet left quite a big gap. Even after several attempts could not get it to fit to for a vacumn

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TekBox-Doctor-Plunger-Unblocker-Remover/dp/B00SX3CZ1S
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Try All Bran.
  • sarah1972
    edited 2 July 2019 at 5:35AM
    Options
    You dont have to cover the main hole, its the u bend that you want to create the seal with which is no where near 200mm
    FH00APR_01761001_unclog-a-toilet.jpg

As you started this thread on the 29th and have already sent back a product not good enough to Amazon, you must of sorted out your blockage by now so at least you have solved your own problem.

For future blockages try this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078ZBBXQ5/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1

Oy maybe you can come back and explain how you managed to shift the blockage without a 200mm plunger.
  • HappyUser
    HappyUser Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    I have bought the plunger you suggest and it is useless, it does not seal to create a vacuum.

I managed to unblock it with this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pressure-Blaster-Bathroom-Dredging-Bathtub/dp/B0797JRVN8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=air+pressure+plunger&qid=1562136695&s=gateway&sr=8-3

It works great as it has a 20.5cm plunger but the problem is that the air is released aggressively and it damaged the pipes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure