Student Loan Issue

Options
ET2019
ET2019 Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi, I am enquiring about a student loan issue that I am finding hard to resolve. I started Demontfort University in October 2014. I ended up getting suspended under disciplinary route due to behaviour problems, relating to Autism. I have received a letter from the Student Finance England company stating that as I should have graduated by now and that this is why I was being sent a statement. I rang Student Finance England regarding the statement explaining the situation that occurred which led to me not even making it to the end of the first term of my university course. SFE told me that I had to write to DMU to get the loan written off due to circumstances. This was 3 months ago. I haven't had a reply from them and have since received another statement saying there has been interest added on the outstanding loan. I'm getting no where. The university is ignoring me and SFE says I have to get DMU to pay it back to them to write it off. I don't see why I should have this left on my account as I was asked to leave by the uni. I ended up in Prison and with a restraining order against me because of their actions towards me.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ET2019 wrote: »
    Hi, I am enquiring about a student loan issue that I am finding hard to resolve. I started Demontfort University in October 2014. I ended up getting suspended under disciplinary route due to behaviour problems, relating to Autism. I have received a letter from the Student Finance England company stating that as I should have graduated by now and that this is why I was being sent a statement. I rang Student Finance England regarding the statement explaining the situation that occurred which led to me not even making it to the end of the first term of my university course. SFE told me that I had to write to DMU to get the loan written off due to circumstances. This was 3 months ago. I haven't had a reply from them and have since received another statement saying there has been interest added on the outstanding loan. I'm getting no where. The university is ignoring me and SFE says I have to get DMU to pay it back to them to write it off. I don't see why I should have this left on my account as I was asked to leave by the uni. I ended up in Prison and with a restraining order against me because of their actions towards me.

If you attended for one term you pay back that money. Did you inform SF that you'd left your course?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure