The Owner of a Property as Died NO WILL NO RELATIVES maybe a chance to declare Adverse Possession?

edited 22 June 2019 at 1:09PM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
37 replies 2.2K views
124»

Replies

• bexster1975bexster1975 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but this has to be a troll. Can barely write English but expects to outfox the legal system with free help from an online forum?!?

Best advice for you OP. Get a job, get a mortgage, buy a property, pay for it. I'm sorry you think people are being impolite on here. I guess they may not be thrilled you are trying to use them for research to do something they are all working hard to do for themselves.

I respectfully suggest if you don't like the " advice" then you seek help elsewhere. This is a mortgage free wannabe board, not a " how do I get a house avoiding a mortgage" board

Bexster :)
  • ChichoChicho Forumite
    16 Posts
    I'm sorry, but this has to be a troll. Can barely write English but expects to outfox the legal system with free help from an online forum?!?

Best advice for you OP. Get a job, get a mortgage, buy a property, pay for it. I'm sorry you think people are being impolite on here. I guess they may not be thrilled you are trying to use them for research to do something they are all working hard to do for themselves.

I respectfully suggest if you don't like the " advice" then you seek help elsewhere. This is a mortgage free wannabe board, not a " how do I get a house avoiding a mortgage" board

well as I said anyone do what they want to do, enjoy your being arrogant and your job bro.
    Plus show me the other languages you speak
  • edited 23 June 2019 at 1:43PM
    ChichoChicho Forumite
    16 Posts
    edited 23 June 2019 at 1:43PM
    How long ago did the LL die?
    What is the house worth?

With a house involved it is very likely a heir hunter will pick up this case and find a relative(s) (there is normally a long lost relative(s) that didn't even know they were related to the deceased). If no one can be found then the estate passes to the crown. This is a process that takes years to follow. As your LL assents are known and they have a friend (previous POA) and an agent for the house who are all well aware of the situation it is virtually impossible you will ever get adverse procession.

What you do need to do is find out where you stand now, as you rightly point out, you need to know who the rent needs to be paid to. I would speak to shelter/citizens advice to see if they can help with this.

It does seem odd that the deceased knew enough to know they should/was able to grant a POA but didn't leave a will.

What if I report the fraudulent landlord and the agency to tenancy-fraud maybe they can be stopped from taking profit on something they are not entitle to, and waiting for the crown I may be offer the crown my interest on the estate. Thank you for you lucid and intelligent answer I have thumb you up already :)
  • edited 23 June 2019 at 1:40PM
    ChichoChicho Forumite
    16 Posts
    edited 23 June 2019 at 1:40PM
    elsien wrote: »
    What did they say, then?

And if you've had proper legal advice then you would be advised to follow that rather than the thoughts of some random anonymous people off the internet.

This lawyer just told me that i can be evicted from this fraudulent landlord because I have a contract with her, I can be evicted from the real next owner when it will appear no matter of the contract that I have with this fraudulent landlord which looks like it is legal only on me to carry on paying but when the real owner will show up i can use this contract to clean up the table
    So having a contract that is not protecting me but only forcing me to pay this fraudulent landlord which have not rights on renting this estate in any way...it is a bit odd and strange there is not a law to put me out of it! and this is why I am asking on a forum where I can find advice from more than just one person/lawyer
  • edited 23 June 2019 at 7:54PM
    bexster1975bexster1975 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭
    edited 23 June 2019 at 7:54PM
    French, Spanish and Italian. I also own my own home, which I actually paid for. If you are not a troll, I despair. I like that I'm arrogant, not quite arrogant enough to expect something for nothing though eh?!

• Sea_ShellSea_Shell Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely no one is forcing you to continue paying this "fraudulent landlord". You could give your notice and find somewhere else to live.
    "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!!

• diggingdudediggingdude Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    You feel everyone should own a home but you don't want to pay for it.....I feel you want to live in social housing
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides