Alternative uses for aftershave?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
15 replies 5K views
coffeehoundcoffeehound Forumite
3.9K posts
Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
Having gone through ‘a phase’ some years back I have about eight part-used bottles of fairly cheap aftershave to dispose of. Any suggestions for alternative uses please?

Replies

• MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    5.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put some on material and place in draws / wardrobes. Unless it absolutely honks!

Leave the lid off and keep it in the bathroom, or use as a bathroom spray if it has a spray head.
  • Owain_MoneysaverOwain_Moneysaver Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sticky stuff / label glue remover.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • caronccaronc Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cleaning keyboards and greasy marks from phones, mirrors etc.

• oystercatcheroystercatcher Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donate to a local homeless charity.
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chuck it down the loo before you hit the nest
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it to someone you really hate.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • coffeehoundcoffeehound Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions. I wonder if shelters would accept unsealed toiletries but will pursue that one first
  • D_M_ED_M_E Forumite
    3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if this still works, but it used to make a good antimister on car windows.

Try first on a small side window patch - clean window then polish with a bit of aftershave and if it does the job then it still works.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D_M_E wrote: »
    Don't know if this still works, but it used to make a good antimister on car windows.

Try first on a small side window patch - clean window then polish with a bit of aftershave and if it does the job then it still works.
    You take me back. A friend at college used to use "Amarige" to clean her acetates before re-using them (1992, pre-PowerPoint :D).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • SpendlessSpendless Forumite
    21.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions. I wonder if shelters would accept unsealed toiletries but will pursue that one first
    It depends. We've got some hygiene poverty collection points but they stipulate must be unused/unopened. We also have somewhere run by a rector and she says the people she passess items on to are desperate and it doesn't matter if it's part used.