forfeiture clause

Options
13»

Comments

• Update to keep it open ( if anyone interested.)
    now been passed to the birmingham office!!
    sent 2 emails and got an answer to the 2nd.
    "Have passed your request for an update to the examiner and they will get back to you"
    Two weeks and still nothing.
  • Turns out I have been moved to the Birmingham office not Cardiff. Had a letter from them, asking me to confirm to Scottish Widows I had been made bankrupt. Don't get why they would not have accepted the IP's word. Other than that is slow slow progress.
  • More Paperwork come through.. As the value of the pension is less then 10k they can take it all as a lump sum and I need to sign to say I have not taken any other "small pots".
    They do not mention my two Occupational pensions however. Together they could pay a 30k tax free lump along with an ongoing small monthly amount.  Does that mean I get to keep said 30k for my old age.  Or will they just wait for me to claim the cash and then help himself to it in any case??
  • mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are occupational pensions newer than the Scottish widows one. I'm not at all sure, just speculating, but perhaps pensions newer than your bankruptcy aren't claimable ? It's also possible they just haven't got round to looking into these yet
  • luvchocolate
    Options
    I think if your pension is after 2000 and HMRC approved cannot be claimed. 
    But before that date can be claimed 
  • Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    He’s been told that at least 3 times on this thread luvchocolate but he hasn’t acknowledged it. 
  • He i.e. that is to say ME has acknowledged it !!!
    I have the following line in an email which also includes the date of my bankruptcy Quote
     If the pensions are occupational pensions then they are not included as Bankruptcy assets and will not be claimed against, Gowling WLG will liaise with the providers for further details on the pensions.  Unquote 
    SO off your high horse, Please.
    Does "not claimed against" mean we will wait until you claim and help overself then or does it mean I have something for my old age. If you don't know then fine, if you have any experience in this then I would like to know.  Thank you.
  • Minkym00
    Options
    Well I’ve read through the thread again and can’t see where you’ve acknowledged it. 

You are very unlikely to find anyone on this board that has personal experience of this.  Look at this link and contact them, that’s your best bet.

https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/about-pensions/when-things-change/bankruptcy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure