A holiday 'goody bag'

At the end of the month I'm taking away my 16yo daughter and her best friend for a long week end to the seaside, staying in a caravan.

Neither girl has had a great 12 months, and this is a celebration of the end of GCSEs, school-life being over and looking forward to the next step of their lives.

Something I want to do is create a goody bag for the girls to give them on their first day of hols. I'm thinking stocking filler type things, but with a focus on things they'll use or appreciate on the holiday.

So far I've got both, a bag from £1land that holds their wet swimming costumes, some toilteries (bodywash and bodyspray) and beyond that I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions please.

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My suggestions:

Nail varnish
    Ear plugs (and perhaps a set for you as well)
    A pack of playing cards each - I played with a pack similar to these recently: https://www.amazon.co.uk/FADACAI-Black-Plastic-Waterproof-Playing/dp/B07MX4GNC9. They felt great in the hands, and are waterproof.
    A long (2m) power lead for their phones - you might need to check whether the friend needs an iphone Lightning cable or Micro USB
    A bag of sweets
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Sun cream.
    A small voucher for them to spend when back home.
    Maybe a 'note' so they can go to lunch together.
    A diary so they can write their memories.
    Nail varnish.
    Lip gloss.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sunglasses case
    Tinted lip balm
    Flip flops
    Bath bomb
    Hair bands
    Drinks bottle
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh I like the sunglasses cases/suncream and water bottle ideas making it all holiday themed. I also saw a couple fo cheap ankle bracelts for girls will love yesterday.
  • Mrsn
    Mrsn Posts: 1,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Primark have some lovely 90p flip flops that are holiday themed in, love the other ideas suggested
  • Dark_Star
    Dark_Star Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Fab idea.

Maybe a holiday themed chic-lit type reading book? £land do some books otherwise The works often do 3 for £5 or charity shops can have good-as-new books for £1 or less.....

Cute handbag size hairbrush

Lightweight summery scarf (protect against hot sun/freezing rain)

Groovy sun hat

Funny plasters - peppa pig or something (always handy for shoes that rubbed)

Funky beach towel (Primark usually do nice ones)

Sparkly pen for the diary/notebook (works/£land etc)

Disposable camera each

Matching pj's (Primark)

Fun jewellery - e.g. bangle/bracelet/necklace - lots in your charity shops/Primark etc
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    How about a facial pack, I think you can get them in Poundland.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Dark_Star wrote: »
    Fab idea.

Cute handbag size hairbrush
    Reallly like this idea. Daughter constantly asks for a hairbrush. Any ideas where to get a handbag sized oe from?
  • broughy
    broughy Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Spendless wrote: »
    Reallly like this idea. Daughter constantly asks for a hairbrush. Any ideas where to get a handbag sized oe from?

Primark have some small ones. They also have the kind that fold in half in order to be "portable"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure