'Delicious Irony: Getting a ‘Great Briton Award’ from a bank' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's “Delicious Irony: Getting a ‘Great Briton Award’ from a bank” blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Click reply to discuss below.

Replies

• Stephen_LeakStephen_Leak
    8.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    To paraphrase the old Mafia saying, "Consumer revenge (unlike porridge) is a dish best eaten cold". Congratulations, and some of us have already voted for you. You don't know everything that goes on on here. !!!!!!, you'll be thinking you run it next!
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • alwaysonthego_2alwaysonthego_2 Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have nominated you, though could not think what to put in the box why I wanted to nominate Martin. I am afraid I put something cheesy down!
  • Martin, loads of us DFWs have been sneakily voting for u already...... a link *might* have been passed around already...... unfortunately, I can't remember who it came from :whistle:

It would be FANTASTIC if u won, not just because u deserve it, and so much more, but I would love to see the CEO of MS have to hand over the award..... imagine his face!?!

Good Luck

Sarah x
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • yes, there have been underhand sneaky threads being quietly passed around so you get all of our backing........I reckon you'll be top of their list!
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you all beat me too it. Cool!

Thanks so much to everyone who's nominated me. My fingers are crossed I get shortlisted (which makes typing difficult)

:)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • I can't take the credit for it tho, which is how it sounds! IIRC it came from one if ur team....
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • Stephen_LeakStephen_Leak
    8.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC it came from one if ur team....

Another Mafia saying springs to mind, "Keep your enemies close, and your friends closer still".
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Martin,

I just nominated you. I wish I could nominate you 1 million times!
    QUIDCO £2827 paid out since October 2007:D
  • codgercodger Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just nominated Adam Applegarth in the "Creative Industries" category.

Adam has been spectacularly industrious in creating as much wealth as possible for himself in circumstances where less brave souls would've decided that a determination to acquire Ferraris, Lamborghinis, country estates, £millions in the bank and even more £millions in one's company pension scheme involved too great a risk for the UK as a whole.

As Adam has pocketed a large chunk of the wealth of Great Britain, he more than qualifies as a Great Briton.
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You better get short listed as I intend sitting at your table when I win the free tickets for the dinner :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides