Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

The War against plastic waste - Page 40

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The War against plastic waste

edited 18 June 2019 at 9:51AM in Old Style MoneySaving
396 replies 56.7K views
1343536373840»

Replies

• PipneyJanePipneyJane Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭

@jackieblack - Love the quote in your signature.  I just had to comment/wave at a fellow member of the “Church of Wittertainment”.  Those two have kept me entertained for hours on long journeys - I bless the Friday that I first heard them (in 2008), while driving back from working on Humberside to London.  Now, in Lockdown, we download the podcast and sit together to listen.

- Pip. (Hello to Jason Isaacs.)
    Sorry to disappoint, but I don’t know anything about that 😳

I got the quote from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Sonny Kapoor says “In India, we have a saying – everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not all right, it is not yet the end.” I have also read that John Lennon said it too 🤷🏻‍♀️
    I use it quite often when I, or someone I know, is going through a rough patch.  I find it helps me.
    Mark Kermode says it all the time, on the Kermode & Mayo Film Review on BBC Radio 5.  That's where I got from.

Cheers

Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 40/66 coupons spent. 26 remain.
  • edited 16 June at 2:46PM
    jackieblackjackieblack Forumite
    9.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 June at 2:46PM

@jackieblack - Love the quote in your signature.  I just had to comment/wave at a fellow member of the “Church of Wittertainment”.  Those two have kept me entertained for hours on long journeys - I bless the Friday that I first heard them (in 2008), while driving back from working on Humberside to London.  Now, in Lockdown, we download the podcast and sit together to listen.

- Pip. (Hello to Jason Isaacs.)
    Sorry to disappoint, but I don’t know anything about that 😳

I got the quote from The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Sonny Kapoor says “In India, we have a saying – everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not all right, it is not yet the end.” I have also read that John Lennon said it too 🤷🏻‍♀️
    I use it quite often when I, or someone I know, is going through a rough patch.  I find it helps me.
    Mark Kermode says it all the time, on the Kermode & Mayo Film Review on BBC Radio 5.  That's where I got from.

Cheers

Pip
    So now we know where Mark Kermode got it from 🤣
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    MFW #4 :) OPs: 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33
    2020 YTD £837.07 Jan £69.76, Feb £67.31, Mar £700.00
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
  • never_too_oldnever_too_old Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all
    did I imagine it or can you take tablet blister packs to Superdrug? 😁
    £2020 in 2020 challenge no 100 £11.75/£2020
    1% challenge no 70
    2019 Frugal Living Challenge

£2077.52 / 2019
  • PipneyJanePipneyJane Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all
    did I imagine it or can you take tablet blister packs to Superdrug? 😁
    I don't know.  But it would be great if you could.  Please let me know if someone confirms that you can.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 40/66 coupons spent. 26 remain.
  • edited 10 August at 10:12PM
    PlasticfreemamaPlasticfreemama Forumite
    67 posts
    10 Posts
    edited 10 August at 10:12PM
    I get most of my eco-stuff from this little store, it's a family from Yorkshire and love their ethos, no plastic at all and everything ethically sourced, plus their prices are really honest: www.earthbits.com I recently got their kitchen ecofriendly brushes together with a washing up natural soap and it's so great to have zero plastic around my kitchen sink! 
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Startled to discover that despite the pandemic, we still have a zero waste shop open! Planet B is a smashing corner, and even if only one person is allowed in at once, you feel safe & surrounded by good things.

As a birthday treat, I am getting an Anglepoise lamp (& the bits to refurbish it) - I should end up with a lamp that retails for £199 for under £70, with bonus bragging rights!