HMRC Debt

Options
2»

Comments

• diggingdude
    diggingdude Posts: 2,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Couldn't you take one of the chiefs out for an expensive dinner and negotiate a discount ??
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    timw7 wrote: »
    Hi
    my two young boys will be affected as they will like me have no where to live and will lose inherritance, it is also unlikely i could rent as the IVA will have a negative impact with landlords so myself and the children could become homeless, are HMRC allowed to do this both lawfully and ethically?

With 2 young children you're not going to be left with nowhere to live. The homeless dept at your local council will step in to help when the time comes. In the meantime you can get advice from Shelter.

An inheritance isn't a tangible asset until the benefactor actually dies & as you state 2 young children then you have your future in which to build up a possible nest egg to leave your children. It's not mandatory for parents to leave anything when they pop off & with luck your boys will learn a valuable lesson by you losing your home due to debt & hopefully they will avoid debt as much as possible as adults.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure