Anyway to calm nerves in an interview?

Options
2»

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    If you are offered something to drink, accept it. Use the drink as thinking time before responding. The simple act of taking a sip of water gives you those valuable few seconds.
    A decent interviewer should notice if a person is nervous and should be working to put the interviewee at ease.
    Things like Kalms may help so are worth a try, use the daytime ones as the night ones are formulated to make you drowsy - not a good idea in an interview. I wouldn't use any form of stimulant.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bag of nerves here too. Understand the question and know the answer but stutter, can't get the words out in the right order and have been known to say stupid things. Then there's the dripping with sweat ...
    I have never been offered a job based on an interview alone. Most jobs have come because I've known someone or temped in the company or recommendation. The last interview I had I took Kalms from the health food shop (can get in most chemists) and they did help.

I think it's worth going to as many interviews as you can for practise. The less you want the job the better you may do and that might then help you when it comes to a job you really would like. I think there are places also where you can get interview practise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure